Dumaguete Info Search

Feeding life animals in Zoo Paradise

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by earlmj, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Does anybody know the true story about feeding life puppies , kittens and baby goats in Zoo Paradise in Zamboanguita ?

It looks to me ,that by doing this they trespass the act against cruelty to animals , but moreover they cannot count on ANY form of symphaty from European and USA Tourist .
    Surely in Zoo's around the world they do not practice this in any way even poultry is given PATAY to Pythons and Birds of Prey . Crocodiles will practicaly eat anything you will throw in the water
    I wonder whether the Crocs would appriciate the taste of the Zoo's Director flesh and bones ?
    Perhaps time to find out !!!

2. bu-ang-asawa

bu-ang-asawa DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whaat?!! That's gotta be an exaggeration!

3. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    feeding life animals (part 2)

There is footage of feeding a life goat that was on two !! national networks and the director ädmits " that now and then cats and dogs (who wants them anyway !! I DO !!!) are being used as well .You will find editorials on google. And as always even the proof is there the administration of this ZOO "P A R A D I Z E "!!! deny everything.. They are Christians they claim . Well that explanes all I guess... But not in my eyes...

One should respect ALL living creatures large or small .....
    Frankly ( call me crasy) I even ask pests to go play outside .. untill now they "dig "' my message and move on...
    ONLY IN THE PHILPPINES !! FOR SURE !!

4. bu-ang-asawa

bu-ang-asawa DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    boy! that's a big news to me and it's shocking.

I thought you were joking. I wonder if a boycot would work?

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I have read the same news sometime ago and I was feeling so distraught from such appalling practice coming into light . I think the management including the said guest involve should be penalized, if not to put on hold this tiny zoo’s operations in keeping animals . After all, the management does look naïve in its technical responsibilities .Bearing its title as a zoo, but with many animals being kept in less spacious cages, less healthy environment ,doesn’t seem to convey so much appeal. Apparently,it is a waste of money ,more likely supported with every drop of penny from Father Trupa’s trust fund…could have been better to divert the resources into environmental or charitable causes.

6. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Time for some changes at ZOO PARADISE !!

Let us united our forces and see what we can do about the situation. I myself have 5 dogs ,of which two are askal found on the street more death then alive. The owner just putted them as basura.. she claimed later..so somebody could take "better "care of them 2 weeks old !!!
    Well perhaps some of us ?? foreigners can put those brainless and God fearing management of the Paradise to some other ideas about how animals are to be kept .Once I live in DUMA I will sure make a lot of issues with the managent of the "zoo "which is just an ordinary moneypit to them it seems.
    A boycot is not a good idea , since then they animals will not be fed anymore . This is common practice in other situations were the animals are just abused in so called edducational park.....
    Let us support ALL the Aninal Kindom Foundation that brought this to the worlds attention !!

7. Goth

Goth DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    feeding live animal

Calm down guys! heard it was staged!!! ask the local newspaper maybe they can find out more.

8. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    feeding life animals in ZOO PARADISE 4

Guess you have missed the broadcasting of the feeding frenzy at ABS network .
    But wait , ther is ofcourse a withness of it all that can tell us whether it was STAGED as you claim , or real ... LET's ASK THE GOAT !!

9. Goth

Goth DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    feeding live animals

EASY, Earl! what is the matter with you? Yes! I missed the feeding frenzy, not interested in seeing it either. I agree with you, their actions were beyond disgusting, they should be penalized or put to jail. I think you should write down your opinion to the local newspaper, they might have some information behind the footage you saw, why not write to the Zoo director himself. I got really good information from this forum, I think we should keep it clean from any form of hate. I regret using the word "STAGED". peace

10. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I can tell you this is true, in 2005 we went to the Zoo there (I have been there before, I always call it Father Tropa's) and my eight year old was asking me why is that kitten in the cage with that big snake..I turned around to tell her do not be silly and to my utter horror she was right...have you ever tried to explain away to a youngster this?? no its not easy. and you are correct its not very nice, children ask questions. we did take some video footage and photos of it so yes its true, so much so that to look at the photos etc now is not very nice memories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.