Dumaguete Info Search

Ferries to Bohol/All Saints Day

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Footix, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footix

Footix DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I'm spending a few days in Dauin/Dumaguete at the end of October. I am planning on taking the ferry across to Bohol on Saturday 1st November. However, I noticed that the day I planned to do this (November 1st) is All Saints Day. I’ve read this is a big deal with lots of people travelling back to the villages etc. Anyone have any idea if ferries will be sailing on that day and if so are they likely to be packed (I’m not sure how easy it will be to book in advance - does not seem possible on OceanJet website)? As the actual day falls on a Saturday will the Monday also be a holiday? Any other advice on travelling those few days? I was planning on staying on Panglao Island and taking some day trips but might reconsider if everywhere is likely to be very busy & transport may be a problem.

I posted this on Lonely Planet Thorn Tree but although most replies indicated transport might be difficult no-one was sure about ferries.

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Footix

2. mrsteve38

mrsteve38 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure the ferries will have a skeleton crew....

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I wouldn't rely on that, on god-friday (or however that Friday in the Easter week is called) were no ferry trips

4. OP
    OP
    Footix

Footix DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Rhoody - I think you missed Mr Steves joke - nice one. Anyway I guess I could e-mail OceanJet but not sure if I'd get much success judging by the state of their website.

Cheers

Footix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.