Dumaguete Info Search

Ferry with motorbike from Santander to Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Panserhansen, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Panserhansen

Panserhansen DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've taken the roro ferry Bato-Tampi before, but heard there is a new ferry going from Santander or Liloan to Dumaguete city. Anyone with information about this - schedules? Last time we tried to get the ferry from Liloan, they refused to take motorbikes on board.

2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Go to the Maayo Shipping pier in Liloan, Ro-ro runs every 3 hours from 6AM in the morning

3. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Liloan-Sibulan only, small Maayo Shipping LCT(Don Martin if I recall), takes everything if you get there early enough! Every 3 hours (Filipino time of course), 6am, 9am, 12 noon, 3pm, 6pm I think.

4. OP
    OP
    Panserhansen

Panserhansen DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks guys!

5. balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    There is a newer ferry between Tampi wharf and Bato: Lite Shipping. Much cheaper than Maayo. They charged me P800 for my van and the return trip was for free! Two passengers free and other passengers at P50 each.

Schedule: Leaving Bato 4:35 AM 7:00 AM 10:00 AM 1:00 PM 5:00 PM 9:00 PM

Leaving Tampi: 6:00 AM 8:00 AM 11:00 AM 3:00 PM 7:00 PM 10:00 PM

The trip takes about 30-40 minutes

• Like Like x 1
  6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Maayo is also now running a promo wherin the return trip is greatly reduced. This is typical, they will have price wars until one of them shuts down the route, then the price will skyrocket. Prime example is the Oceanjet/Supercat/Weesam scenario that has been going on for years. Now that the other two have pulled out of the Duma/Cebu route, Oceanjet has jacked the price up so high it's often cheaper to fly.

Larry

7. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    We took the Maayo shipping promo last Saturday, open return trip, P305 for motorcycle and passenger and it is good for either location so we crossed at Amlan then came back through Lilo-an to Sibulan.

8. MikeB

MikeB DI Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 8
    It looks like the RORO choice is between Lite Shipping and Maayo. Don't know Maayo, had one bad experience with Lite. Does anyone have an updated schedule and prices between these two? The web info I'm finding is a few years old. I will be bringing a small SUV, no additional passengers. Thanks.

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Maayo has for quite some time now been offering 50% off on return trip if you pay in advance. Price round trip for a multicab is P1080. SUV will be a little more. Motorcycle round trip is P300+.

Attached Files:

10. MikeB

MikeB DI Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 8
    Thanks, just what I was looking for. Are these Tampi-Bato, Simulan-Liloan different ports near each other?