Dumaguete Info Search

Few Simple Questions

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by savetheseamonkeys, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savetheseamonkeys

savetheseamonkeys DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be coming to Phils/Duma in about a month. Thinking about getting re-certified open water. I let lapse due to allergies and not able to clear my ears. anyway...ive resolved my allergy issues.

Curious what avg costs per dive in Phils and around Duma (Suquis/Apo Isl, ...) and Palawan.

Also what does it cost roughly for open water cert? What sort of package can I expect (addl dives, addl asst after course, pool training, etc...)

Do most people just have a mask (perhaps booties, gloves, snorkle [pers equip]) and rent the balance of gear (unless they are hard core divers of course)? Tourists or those that travel all about Phils to dive - what about that? Seems expensive/hassle to lug fins/bc/reg, etc all about the world with you.

Curious - thanks

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Those who travel all around the Phils to dive are surely from the category of the hard core divers (as you called them). Yes, most of them dragg all their diving equipment including U.W. photo and film camera's with them.
    A very few even bring their tanks (honestly ! In certain case of more remote destinations).
    Questions to many (if not all) of your FEW SIMPLE questions are to be found elsewhere on this forum and in this same "Diving and diving sites" topic.
    Advise: Take a look around first and put the remaining ones one by one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.