Dumaguete Info Search

Foreign Visa fiancee visa to Australia

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Anna, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Anna

Anna DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My boyfriend who is in Australia now wants to process fiancee visa for me but there are lots of agencies here and i dont know which one to choose from. Anyone know a good visa services agency i can process fiancee visa to Australia?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well, I would guess it is he, that should make the Application as he is the Australian.

This link would be a good place to start, it will have most of the Answers you require.

Fiancee Visa - Partner Visas: Australian Visa Bureau

3. OP
    OP
    Anna

Anna DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the info jackpeterson. He found an agency there called easymigrate and he will set an appointment hopefully next week and then lodge the application. He was thinking i will also need an agency here to help me with the requirements on my side. I've looked at your link and its very helpful, thanks again

4. Ninja

Ninja DI Member

Computer Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Its a piece of cake to do it yourself....look itup on the Australia Immigration website wwww.immi.gov.au and have your boyfriend lodge it himself. For something simple like this you dont need a agency. I dont know how much they charge, but they can never guarantee you a positive outcome. I have done all sponsorships myself and helped out fellow friends who are Aussies and have had no complaints...all free of charge. IF you need some help, PM me and I will be glad to assist.

Mainly they will ask for a stat dec from a friend of two to verify your relationship status, etc with a hefty fee for the visa application.

Good luck and hope it all goes well for you two!

5. vic

vic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are correct, in advising better to do it yourself Ninja. When I enquired with that Visa Bureau in London, they did not even bother to read my enquiry properly, and I stated three times, a Partner Visa, and it was also in the Subject heading, so they sent me information on a working holiday visa..................LOL..................:D Suffice to say, I did not proceed, that was enough to show me their service capabilities...........and, having thought about it, perhaps Australian English is different to British English...........?

6. OP
    OP
    Anna

Anna DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Ninja and vic. I received an email from my boyfriend last monday saying he contacted another agency called Anglia in

Perth. They are the one who processed for the fiancee visa of our friend who introduced us. Their application was approved just 2

months after lodging it wow, our friend is currently living there with her husband for more than a year now. We will just use the

agency in Perth. Ninja, have you been to Perth? What is it like? My boyfriend says it beautiful and the pictures i saw verify that. i just

needed to know from other point of view whats it like :smile:

7. vic

vic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perth is a lovely City, clean, with no Pollution, and situated right by the Ocean. Population of about 1.5 Million people only. Lots of lovely sandy beaches there too. Weather is great, can be very hot in Summer, but usually not humid like Phil, and cool in the Winter, but not freezing, it does not snow there.

8. OP
    OP
    Anna

Anna DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for that information Vic. No wonder my boyfriend is not really impressed with the beaches here in the Phils, he would always say the beaches in Oz are the best. Honestly, im quite scared to go there, it will be my first time to go out of the country, stay in a whole new environment and be married for the first time after 9 months whew!! but at least the weather will be good so that is a relief :smile:

9. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Vic pretty much summed it up. Hot, dry summers here....cool, wet winters (it's raining today). Filipinos do like the place for sure LOL...just read in the paper the other day that the number of Filipinos here in Perth almost tripled in 10 years! You'll be fine here, several stores sell Filipino foodstuffs along with other Asian foods. Cost of living is very high (think Japan prices), but salaries are pretty good generally too...And yes, the local beaches are superb...

10. OP
    OP
    Anna

Anna DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh wow garbonzo, i better work on my abs so i will be confident strolling those nice sandy local beaches lol :D Are you in Perth right now? Where? my boyfriend is in Joondalup by the way but will live in the city when im there hopefully. Yes he said the cost of living is very high, the beer is 10 dollars!!! We both love drinking beer and playing billiards so no choice but to pay :smile: the FIlipino foodstuffs is a relief since i love to cook and im used to filipino cuisine. Thanks for the info garbonzo. cheers!!