Dumaguete Info Search

Fibers Watching You And Me?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Mam A, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mam A

Mam A DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    IS THIS POSSIBLE? :eek: That because of the speedy advances in technology, when we watch TV or when using the computer, we can be watched through simple peepholes already wired into the equipment? Sometimes I feel that my new printer [even if only a C90] enables something. Such a weird feeling really. Tell me it's not paranoia but some friends share the same weird feeling--that they are being watched while watching cable. eeeeeeekkkkkkkk.:eek:

2. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Mam A, its not paranoia. To much movies maybe be the cause. hehe! :D

3. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Reminds me of the movie "1984". Big Brother is watching :D

4. OP
    OP
    Mam A

Mam A DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    movies or feeling whichever

the feeling is there or should i say here. right now for ex. that i am on the computer, i know i could be tracked or monitored or that i am being watched-- so what's the difference? it's like hearing the ngeeeeh sound from time to time when there's an interview and the curse [cuss?] words are deleted by a beep sound. well, if satellites govern the networks, what are the limits? i guess it must be possible. hmmm. maybe it's the movies or just feelings... whichever... i know this thread is not going to live long enough to see the day when someone might discover that indeed, we've been watched while watching cable TV or sitting in front of the compu screen. CNN interviews people using laptops with cameras--or so i hear. don't worry guys. am ok.

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 11
    If tru then let them watch all the crap, they get bored eventually.
    ...unless doing some odd unsual stuff or some form of perversion of interest , then nothing to worry.

Bringing the notion of being watch thru simple household gadgets, this reminds me if the Dumaguete tourism can set up like a web cam overlooking the Boulevard.Some places have this ,like in Pamparovo nr our place .

Webcam in Pamporovo, if Dumaguete can have like this.

6. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi All;
    Yeah; their is a big chance that somebody could be watching you on your own living room thru your TV or Computer when you're connected to the internet. The logic for that are ; how else could the TV stations would keep track on obtaining there "rating system" on their shows and the law enforcers to know the "law breakers" using the internet.

7. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 11
    Isn't it brilliant to have this surveillance system eventually in place,though this might be conflicting to several legislations (UK) pertaining to and with emphases to individual rights and privacy unless for dodgy personalities,illegals,phaedophiles ,con men,muderers and the lot.If one has nothing to hide,there's nothing to fear about.Myself if only possible would like to put tracking device or embedding tracking chips on my daughters but sure that's way too invasive like you put in pets ( against Child protection legislations /children's rights ).But this day and age with all the news you hear around ,kidnapping and murders ,sexual assaults, child molesters ring etc, who would never think of that.

Take that missing brit child maddie in Portugal,doubt if she can be traced ,perhaps dead by now , with all the high profile publicity and the phaedophile existing in that country who knows,very high risk to keep her (perhaps in the minds of criminals ).If their was somekind of sophisticated tracking device embedded in her perhaps easy to track her down quickly under satellite surveillance ,life ,emotions ,trauma ,money and time wont be wasted too much.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | Big Brother is watching us all

8. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Great idea to have a webcam on the Boulevard so we can see what's happening in Dumaguete. Already authorities can track mobile phone locations so won't be long before us parents can track our kids via their phones.

9. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Technology keeps on evolving that on not distance future somebody could eventually track you and knows everything about you. Take for instance, the "Google Earth" given your address will find your residence or will even see everybody inside the house in some parts U.S.A and will will pinpoint exactly your location anywhere in the world using the new improved and more advance satellite tracking device .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.