Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Fil Products?!

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by johncarson, Mar 31, 2016.

1. johncarson

johncarson DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +252 / 19
    Don’t know about the rest of the Dumaguete area, but Fil Products reception here in Dauin has recently gone down the tubes. BBC is hit and miss at best, mostly miss; CNN the past couple of days has been unwatchable (tough on a newsaholic such as myself), fights on the fight channel frequently freeze up, etc. It seems as though the problems began or at least accelerated last fall with the installation of the new cable boxes and promise of HD TV. That would be nice, but I’d be happy to give up the prospect of HD if we could watch the channels we have without interruption. I don’t think there’s any alternative to FP in our area, but if such were available, I wouldn’t hesitate to switch. I tried contacting FP but got no response.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It's not just you John,everyone is complaining including a lot of the resorts.
    Bbc so we were told is no longer available on filproducts in the Philippines,also the balls channel disappeared.
    We have had them out 4 times now over picture quality and freezing up,the guys did find a loose connection at one joint and it did improve a bit after this.
    The guys also said all they deal with is complaints most days as the boxes are sub standard Chinese crap!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    My friend who lives in that area had the same complaint and he just wrote on Facebook that he switched to Cygnal High Def and he LOVES it so that may be an option for you.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Hi i am with Fil Products here in Bagacay we have BBC no problems, did you guy have a change of server system late last year? we have no change or no problems in 2 years

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Strange how you have bbc alex,I don't know of anyone else having it on filproducts! I just tried here and bbc is supposed to be ch 50 but all I get is Reuters screen! Are you digital there or still analogue?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Sorry guys i just looked i dont have it now i know it went off for a while but i thought it came back on but its channel new Asia in its place

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    When Filproduct changes from Analog to Digital, they provide you with a "box". The fee is 1000 P per box after the first box. The first one is "free" any additional TVs require a box at the fee of 1,000 P. They also increase you monthly fee. They give you not choice of staying with analog. This is not a deposit on the addtiional boxes but a one time fee.

The problem I had, was that shortly after paying the fee, I moved back to Dumaguete into "analog" area, when I was returned my digital box, I was told that there was no refund. I was also told I owe like 35 P, for the extra time two day time. I had given them maps to my new place, meet with a guy there that knew my house and location and was promised service within a week.. Two weeks later when I went back to FilProducts they had no records, no maps I had left for them, only a record of my payment, made the same day as my meeting and maps were delivered. I was also told that later this year they would have digital in Dumaguete. I assumed i would be paying an additional fee for extra box again. I chose not to continue to be a Filproduct customer. If you are moving around it is probably easier to get satellite installed, and move if yourself next time than paying all the additional fees as you move around the Filproducts analog/digital zones, and put up with the total lack of coordination on their part.... Oh yes, I was told "sorry sir".

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'm debating dumping Fil Products as well. I have gotten tired of problems on a number of channels which for me started with Star Movies many many months ago and just grows and grows to more channels. Cignal is apparently the only other choice I have but I have just been really trying to avoid installing a satellite dish with as much moving as I seem to do with my horrible luck on houses lasting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Well, that's already something! You don't hear that often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Same problem with Fil Product here in Bacong, anyone knows and option to get balls channels ?

• Like Like x 1