Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Fil Products

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, Jul 3, 2020.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,530 / 1,016
    Can you please tell me if 10mps is acceptable for internet and TV

2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    More than enough.. TV is maybe 2 amps, internet/computer or wifi router. maybe 2 amps.

3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Are you recommending power requirements or speed requirements....

PatO ..10mbps is not too bad if you really get 10 but Fil products says "up to 10mbps" which means substantially less if your area is over sold ... do you have a choice on provider ? if not then try 10mbps and if it is too slow you can upgrade to 15 which is what I have....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,740 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If getting fiber is an option, that's what I would go for. For around 2,000 a month you get a pretty stable 20 mbps, fine for Netflix etc.
    Basically, any speed that allows you to download a movie faster than you can watch it is good enough for streaming video.
    20 mbps (megabits per second) means about 2.5 Mb/s (Megabytes per second). A high definition 1.5 hour movie is around 1.4 Gb (Gigabytes) or 1400 Mb. So, at 20 mbps you can theoretically download that movie in 1400/2.5= 560 seconds = under 10 minutes. Way faster than you can watch it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,530 / 1,016
    My wife just brought home the Fil Products broshure. Fiber internet + HD Cable
    10 mbps 1599p
    15 mbps 1899p
    20 mbps 2199
    Will survey in 8-10 days
    Currently I have to use a prepaid Globe Portable pos. With internet schooling in August I need to improve. I will go for the 15 mbps to start. Thanks for the help.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have the 10mbps package and have no problems with streaming services. I get HD 720p or above on all services (Disney+, HBO, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube) with little to no service interruptions.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    PatO, 10 MPS is fine, it is the limit that you need to be concerned with. During the year with my 100 Gig limit it is fine for anything the wife or I want, but sometimes during College Football season I need to load more Gig once in a while. As the Gig is used up to maybe only 20 left, the service is slowed.

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,530 / 1,016
    The brochure says unlimited so my wife will verify. I hope there are college and pro football games this year, but I think doubtful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,740 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Most "unlimited" plans have a "fair use policy", which means that if you're an average user you'll never have any problems.
    The smallprint in the contract that has the fair use policy is to protect the provider against the effects of "heavy online gaming", people trying to download/upload (e.g torrents) almost continuously, etc.
    Pricing of fast unlimited internet is all about the use of bandwidth by the combined customers. In order to be able to compete on price (because more bandwidth means higher expenses for the provider), providers have no wish to get lots of heavy users among their customers, so they discourage those with that smallprint.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,530 / 1,016
    Can someone help me with my. FP TV remote. I want to be able to Program Guide, select a channel, and see what programs are on every hour. When I attempt, nothing shows each hour (I go to menu, program guide, and select a channel). Same if I press EPG.