Dumaguete Info Search

"Filipino Drivers are Stupid"

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Rye83, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hey, I'm not saying it:

What are the odds the guy was involved in an accident recently? I think he might be ranting a bit.

I personally wouldn't call them "stupid"...maybe "ignorant" of the law.

Sotto also asks:
    Hmm, and who is responsible for making sure the law is implemented and the LTO is properly funded, Mr. Senator? Oh right, you are. Maybe if this guy didn't suck so much at his job and wasn't so incompetent the drivers would be getting better driver's education.

I wonder if this guy realizes that many of those "stupid drivers" are what's keeping him in office. If they were a bit more educated there is a very good chance he wouldn't be holding office. I think he should show a little more appreciation for the uneducated folks that keep him in a position of power.

• Like Like x 6
  2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Just the drivers??

3. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +172 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Afraid I would have to agree with him, especially in regards to Dumaguete drivers.

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Isn't it stupid that a minor bumper scratch type accident will block the road for an hour until the police come and investigate? I saw one near the taxi stand at Ayala Mall Cebu day before yesterday. One car was rear ended by another who was following too close. Result is a hilf inch dent in the bumper of one of the cars and a scratch on the bumper of the other. REAL result is an hour waiting for the cops to come and investigate. WTF? Take a picture and work it out with both drivers and then leave. Its obvious that when you rear end someone it is your fault. There is no excuse. But if they really gotta wait for the cops then get the vehicles out of the traffic stream so people can get by. Its stupid to create a situation where more accidents may happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    As an ex-Panel Beater I understand this line of thought and that it can seem frustrating, but the fact is today, a simple *minor bump* can cause thousands of DOLLARS in damage depending on the make of Car and it is compulsory if you wish your Insurance company to provide cover, to provide information which means often, Police MUST become involved. A simple minor fender bender will be very low priority so Police will first attend the more urgent jobs before attending something trivial to them, but important to the driver on the receiving end of the *bump*... :wink:

However I am sure it is also policy that when a minor accident occurs without injury, then the drivers should move to the side of the road clear of traffic and exchange details or wait for Police if Police have been alerted of the accident, common sense really... :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. artpepper88

artpepper88 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    By the way, if anyone needs a very good and VERY reasonably-priced panel beater (or do you Americans call them 'Body-shoppers'?), I know of one in the Daro district...

7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Excellent Question... Hmmmmm... today, Sunday, at 3 AM, approximately 12 hours ago, there was a road rage incident where a male nurse was shot twice in Cebu by a driver of a Mercedes Benz, but was able to take a photo of the license plate of the shooter's Mercedes Benz and there is CCTV coverage of the shooter shooting the nurse. The police have the information but there has been dead silence as to who owns the car or who was the shooter, shown on the CCTV footage. So who is the most stupid, the driver/shooter, or the police that can not figure out who did this crime? Never under-estimate the stupidity of anyone here in the Philippines, when they know or do not know something that may be good for the personal retirement benefits program.

Screen shot of shooter:

cebu-road-rage-video-mercedes-benz-driver-shoots-nurse.jpg

Can this really be this hard to solve if you were not stupid?

8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Do you really think they don't know who pulled the trigger? Spoiled tw@t that thinks he can do anything+Mercedes-Benz=Connected

• Agree Agree x 5