Dumaguete Info Search

Filipino - Foreigner Marriage Statistics

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Rye83, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Found these statistics on the CFO website and thought I would share.

By Country:
    Fil-Kano.PNG

Filipino age:
    Fil-Kano-Age.PNG

How much a Filipino knew about her spouses country:
    Fil-Kano-Country-Knowledge.PNG

Filipino education level:
    Fil-Kano-Education.PNG

Filipino gender:
    Fil-Kano-Gender.PNG

Filipino career:
    Fil-Kano-Jobs.PNG

How Filipino met spouse:
    Fil-Kano-Meet.PNG

Filipino home region:
    Fil-Kano-Origin.PNG

Stats from: Statistical Profile of Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

So, how much did things change in 26 years?

A Filipino in 1989 was more likely to:
    • Marry an American.
    • Be 20-24 years old.
    • Have sufficient knowledge of their spouses home country.
    • Be a college graduate.
    • Be female.
    • Not report an occupation. (Employment in service sector was #2)
    • Met their spouse through a personal introduction. (Penpal referred by relative was #2)
    A Filipino in 2015 was more likely to:
    • Marry an American.
    • Be 25-29 years old.
    • Have limited knowledge of their spouses home country.
    • Be a college graduate.
    • Be female.
    • Not report an occupation. (#2 slot goes to housewives)
    • Met their spouse through the internet. (Personal introduction was #2)
    Some of these stats were a bit surprising for me. I didn't expect the age to go up and I didn't expect most to have a college education.

A few were not surprising at all: the gender, occupation and initial introduction methods.

I have a hypothesis on why some of these statistics changed over the years, especially the age and occupational changes (hypothesis mainly focused on the decline of US military presence and the baby boomers coming into retirement), but it could be that the CFO, or whoever was collecting these stats, just wasn't collecting all of the data...so I won't bother to think too hard about it. Would be interesting to see all these plotted out on a graph somehow...but again, too much work for something that might not be completely accurate.

In 2008 marriages dropped by 22%. Think that would have been caused by the "great recession"?

Would have been really interesting if they had some statistics on the foreigner as well. As much info as the CFO wanted about me there should be quite a bit of information available.

Anyone have any thoughts about the stats from "the good ol' days"? (I just can't seem to remember much of anything worth talking about prior to 1997-ish for some reason. :rolleyes:)

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I remember reading magazines (POST & PEOPLE) back in Oz back in the 70's/80's and remember seeing openly advertised "SEX TOURS OF THE PHILIPPINES" with testimonials, pictures of women wanting to meet an Australian etc... I also remember reading News stories over the years regarding Aussie Husbands killing their Filipina wives, Filipina wives scamming their husbands etc... The term; "Filipina wh*re" was a very common term (and even written into songs for some very good reasons) but it was a two way street and in my opinion; "You may take the Girl out of the Bar, but you will never take the Bar out of the Girl"... You get what you get and MANY STUPID men who frequent the Bar scene looking for a 'Wife' deserve all they get!

I am SURE *this (following article) would be much the same regarding other nationalities also with regards to those who choose to marry a foreigner, and as much as many would try and deny it, I have seen it first hand and find it deplorable how some think. Again I believe it is a two way street!

What I do find strange in regards to these "Serial Husbands" is;
    My ex's Pop married an Indonesian woman who offered me $5,000AUD to marry an Indonesian Girl, deal was; after she gained Citizenship we could divorce or stay together if we fell in love with one another. She told me after I divorced, I would have to wait (I *think*) 2 years before I could again marry another 'foreign woman', she would pay me again if I married again to help another woman gain citizenship, but after that divorce (I *think*) I would need to wait 3 or 5 years or something like that. After the 3rd 'sham marriage' was over and done with, I would be banned forever from marrying another foreign woman. But going by the following *article, there does not seem to be any laws like this in place. The Indonesian woman in question is now dead along with 'Pop' (so I cannot gain more info) but she ran a network of Indonesian's entering Australia, shipping (holidays) them out and bringing them back so that they qualified to stay in Australia, and I am sure it happens a lot more than most would realise with other nationalities also... :o o:

*The Shameful Story of Australia’s Serial Husbands.
    The Shameful Story of Australia’s Serial Husbands

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    It wouldn't surprise me if some of these stories (or stories equally horrific) are being told by the CFO to prospective finances and wives. It would be interesting to know statistics on how many woman they help/save. It's not likely since, we'll never know if woman who backed out of a situation because of the CFO would have been a victim. As always, it's the f*ups that make things more difficult for good guys. Personally, if I had to chose between losing some money or losing my self, it would be a no brainer.

Here is local story from the other side of the coin.

Woman's grandnephew and his Navy buddy found guilty in her 2007 slaying

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I had a similar offer from a Filipina's family. However, her sisters/family wanted me to do it out of the kindness of my heart and pay the entire way for the sister and her family. I was in the military at the time and they were excited about the free healthcare they thought the entire family would get. :roflmao: They were truly nasty human beings and deserved to live in the squalor that they did. Karma did pull through for that family and they had a string of bad luck with motor accidents/family deaths/heavy drug addiction/arrests and not a single one of them made it out of the country (or even their barangay). I left that family with nothing but P1000 and a bad taste in a few of their mouths.

Brilliant line. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Money, Religion and Politics, the Root to all Evil IMHO...

Despicable people deserve BAD Karma! :o o:

6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
  7. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Does this mean American men are getting smarter and choosing older women? :smuggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    lol I think it just means that the average foreigner marrying Filipinos are getting older.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just want to add uneducated and poor (as you say, money)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree with this in part, but when you have those who are educated, it is the money that is the problem, many take the opportunity to rise by stepping on those less educated/well off thinking they are above them. I was raised in Australia where "Fair go" was the level playing field, those who think they are above others were cut down and those less fortunate were raised with the help of mates, but today, the level playing field is no longer level and many 'imported' minorities who would have been accepted and integrated into a truly multicultural society are demanding and getting more than the very people who took them in creating an uneven playing field and disharmony...

Being disabled due to a motor vehicle accident when I was 23, I found myself mixing with many others who also suffered from various disabilities, over a long period of time I found I had TRUE friends in those less fortunate, poor, lacking education, than those who 'thought' they were better than many others simply because they could afford to go to Uni and earnt better money, now this may sound like jealousy, but far from it, I am here today in the Philippines because I have come to realise that genuine people have nothing to prove to anyone else and live their lives better I feel, than those who are consumed by the trappings that money and better jobs bring.

I watched a Documentary a few days ago on the Mokum People of Thailand (very much like the Badjao people here) who are a displaced people who have lost their ancestral rights to fish and live on the seas, it showed just how knowledgeable these people are and how they have survived for thousands of years living off of the land, how they can name more than 150 species of plants that they use for food, medicines etc and are teaching western doctors the importance of many of these plants to heal others. It really got me to thinking about the importance of people and the lives that they lead and the rights they have to live the life that they choose...

Sometimes, just; sometimes, as the narrator (an American Professor of said documentary) pointed out, the need to educate the world is not always a necessary thing to do when we could learn a lot from those whom we deem to be uneducated, and when you look at just how much of the wealth in the world is tied up in such a small percentage of greedy unscrupulous sub-human people who often create 'the poor' in society, then maybe it is time to educate those affected by those who are being affected by the educated...

Just my opinion. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1