Dumaguete Info Search

Finally

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Dutchie, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ults-in-minutes-to-be-rolled-out-across-world

It is about time, a relatively cheap (under 5 €) and reliable test that gives results "while you wait" (30 mins or so), thank you Bill Gates and the European Union.
    Now let's hope the Philippine government manages to get their hands on 100,000 or so of these fast, and many more of them later, so we can halt the extraordinary death toll among doctors and nurses, make contact tracing much more effective and less of a hassle, and last but certainly not least, stem the tide of infections while we wait for an effective vaccine.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    100,000 isnt going to go very far with 7000 islands here .... I know, not all of them are inhabited but the point I make is that with well over 100 million people, and about 70% of themleving up north on one very large island, 100,000 barely scratches the surface. One million will only cover 1% of the population. Need a lot more that that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You're right, that's why I mentioned the 100,000 as being required "fast" and many many more a bit later.

• Like Like x 1