Dumaguete Info Search

Finding a builder?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by bobdog20, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdog20

bobdog20 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just arrived on Friday last and will be establishing a house in DGTE .... can anyone provide a shortlist of reputable local contractors suitable for house construction to expat standards? Also standard form contracts for house construction in Dumaguete?

Will appreciate any help re these

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Bobdog, welcome. I am sure you will get a lot of help from the forum with your request. If you would like to email me at pmindoro@yahoo.com, I will share my current experience, my house construction is about 80% completed and of high quality and we are very satisfied.

3. La Maison dans le ciel

La Maison dans le ciel DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    For me, i like JET Construction projects, and Architect Armogenia owner of Azalea, Likha and KRI. But for some reasons, i made my own team-i hired young fresh architect, experienced engineer & his owned crew, i personally do the financial budget and materials inventories. i know its a big headache but i had done it like 3 times and i'm satisfied with the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    the main point is, that you (or a knowledgable,trustworthy longnose) controls each and everything, from material to plumbing, electric and painting etc.. If you don't have the time for that you will see the result after a few years, if it even takes that long.

• Like Like x 1
  5. La Maison dans le ciel

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    i agree with you Rhoody, plumbing, electric and painting are the most critical subject in building a house in Pinas. The owner(or knowledgeable longnose) has to be in site everyday and check the quality of materials being installed even if u have a contractor. otherwise...Goodluck!

• Like Like x 1
  6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    You are all right, when I built my house, I hired my own crew and spent 7 hours a day watching every step. I gave them 1 hour a day on their own when I went for a cold beer. Maby a mistake Haa Haa
    Ron

• Like Like x 1
  7. Imhotep

Imhotep One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Do not use Antonio Construction

I personaly have a treat with Antonio Construction.
    I hired him and his crew to build a 250 sqm 1 level house in bacong 4 year ago and the result was catastrophic.

I went in court to force him to completly finish the house as it was planed but after 2 year in court I giveup.

I have to change the roof and I cannot wait the PI court for 2 more years.

Sorry if it doesn't help

\LCy

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    There will be plenty to learn- from working with the locals to making absolutely positively sure that they understand what you want and that it will be constructed your way!

Here is a bunch of info on building a house in the Philippines, including mistakes, pictures, construction techniques, etc.

Our House Project at goILOILO.com

I would HIGHLY recommend that you be patient about getting started as the learning curve is high here. It is NOT comparable to getting a house built in the U.S.
    Rush it and it will cost you. Rush it and you will regret it for years down the road! Talk to as many people as possible who have had a house built, and read, read, read, threads here on D.I. about housing, house building etc. and also here:

Building in the Philippines

Take your time, do your research, and I GUARANTEE you will save at least 20% on building your new house!

• Like Like x 1
  9. La Maison dans le ciel

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    thanks for the info IMHOTEP!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.