Dumaguete Info Search

Finger Prints for Security Clearance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Does anyone know if you can have prints taken at the embassy in Manila for a US security clearance? If not what would be the closest location I could get that done at?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    The embassy does fingerprinting for other purposes, I would imagine they would for security clearance also. Sorry, I cannot give a definitive answer.

Larry

3. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    They fingerpinted me in Cebu for
    my exit clearance

4. syrkyn

syrkyn DI Member

middle age crazy
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The same for me, cebu exit clearance

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just an update. The embassy emailed me and doesn't do prints. I was going to go to the NBI to get it done but stopped at the Valencia Police station just to see if they could. They asked what it was for then pulled out a finger print kit, from what looked like the 50s, and took my prints......and seemed pretty well trained on how to do it. Extremely nice and profession group of guys. Refused any type of payment (I offered 100php to cover the use of their supplies).

6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Please note that these prints were for a US security clearance. They originally told me to go to the NBI for the prints but were more than eager to help once they knew it was for the USG for some reason. I say this only to let anyone needing an NBI clearance know not to waste your going to the Valencia Police.

7. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Wrye...did they use the FD258 fingerprint card or did you already have the forms (this is what they ask for for the US security clearance). I accepted a position in Turkmenistan and when the company ran my SSN my clearance expired a couple months ago. The security manager said I just needed my prints on that specific card and just send it to the company. I had an active clearance for over 27 years, so it should not take too long but a bit of a pain as they want me to deploy ASAP.

Shawn

8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe I just printed out the form and took it to them. Do you have to fill out the SF-86 as well? That is a pain.

9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    FYI - the companies security officer should request 2 FD-258 fingerprint cards from you. I printed out 4 and sent them in just in case the first two were rejected for some reason. I sent the fingerprint cards, as well as 4 signature pages from the SF-86, through LBC to the US. It took 6 days for it to get to the US from Dumaguete.

Just curious, did the company's security officer initiate an investigation and request an account for you with OPM.gov If you expired you will need to fill out the SF-86 again (which is a huge pain for anyone that has been living in another country.....think: "foreign contacts".....and that includes ANYONE not American, they got me on that one during the interview and I had to name every expat I knew, even if I only knew them by first name basis :banghead:).

They should issue an interim clearance about a week after you have submitted the paperwork. I had to do mine during the "government shutdown" last year and everything still went through in a timely manner.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  10. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yep, having to start over and it will be a huge pain in the backside to fill everything out. The site is called eQuip and need to wait 24 hours before getting into it. I need to check more into the finger printing thing...the form is easy to find on line, but it sounded like it was actual card stock as you can buy the forms from Amazon.