Dumaguete Info Search

First and last trip to Why Not for food

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by jj83, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jj83

jj83 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was craving pizza today and decided to check out the acclaimed eats at Why Not. On recommendation from the waitress, I ordered the Quattro Something-or-other pizza. No problem with the first slice, pie was warm, pretty tasty, nice thin crust. One bite into the next slice and it appeared, exposed in between the crust and toppings, an inch or so of black hair. "I'm dark haired" I thought, "maybe it's mine." Upon a slight tug, it was clear that a 6" + hair was nicely included in my lunch. I discarded the hair on the floor and proceeded to the next slice. I was feeling more hungry than picky, but even so, I could not stomach further ingestion of my hair-tainted pie. Appetite vanished, I requested the bill and mentioned the side-of-hair pizza to the waitress. She looked::eek: and asked me to see the hair. Having discarded it I told her to just bring me the bill asap as I was willing to pay for the meal providing I could leave quickly. Several minutes later she reappeared and again requested to see the offending strand. I couldn't stomach sitting there and staring at the now cold and ever-more disgusting appearing pizza so I laid p300 on the counter and departed hastily.

TLDR: Hair-pizza at Why Not.

2. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What is a hair , I saw two days ago in my newespaper a baked egg with a condom .
    So I prefer a hair

Greetings J.Diver

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Diver ... that is a sign of the girl from the house-keeping... :D

just hope for you from the young gwapa one ...

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    jj83, stick with Shakey's, not great but the one in Robinson's mall is hair free.
    Many Forum members like Why Not, I just use their deli for take out wine and cheese, nice selection.
    I did hear that after 11pm, hair pie is on the menu there

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Don't seem to be able to reply!!!!

6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Was that Hair Pie or Hare Pie ? :D

7. flobenz

flobenz DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Aaaah, Quatro Staggioni! My favorite pizza in all of Dumaguete! Why why why?!? :confused:

That has never happened to me tho, and I love ordering that pizza. Maybe it was just bad luck. I'll still order it again! :p

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    JJ..............wasn't it one streng of Amanda's hair :D
    I hear you're still alive, although sick now :smile:
    If I'm so hungry as you were, I never make an analysis of my food but simply swallow what is in front of me within some minutes (joke joke).

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well Jelly, guys who like the cockroach Burrito from the other end of the Boulevard won't have problems with hair either :D.

It seems that some places do have a massive problem with hygiene and food storage. I can recall some chats with 3 different persons who had equal stomach problems after buying some stuff in the deli there.

Guess I stick to my excellent homemade BBQ:
    Roasted Garlic
    w/ Steak, Potatoes and herbal butter as a side dish :smile:

Attached Files:

10. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Are you always eating in front of your PC keyboard, Rhoody ? Romantic :D
    I see some strange items on your plate.
    The definition is not good enough to determine possible animals or hairs between what is called "food".
    I normally remove the silvery stuff. Does that taste as well ? :smile:
    But I know ........... Germans eat everything :D
    About that YN deli: I went some weeks ago to tell them (again) that their liverwurst I always bought there was spoiled and that more people had complained.
    When I told them that the first time 1 or 2 month ago, so they could take corrective actions, they told me that nobody had complained.
    When I said THIS time that I heard that at least 3 persons had the same experience as I , complained at the counter that they had to give the liverwurst to their dogs, she looked to me and all she could say was ....."Oh !!".
    THAT product I will surely not buy anymore there.
    And ...yes I know......can you trust the rest then still ???
    One more bad experience and the answer for me is definitely NO.
    But I like their ham so I keep on buying it so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.