Dumaguete Info Search

First time here.....first post

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by ronv8917, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Well, this is a very interesting .
    I wish I had found this site a year ago.
    Many nice post both pro and con about pinays.
    Of course I will say that my lady is different......and 100% honest.
    I hope I am right.
    I will arrive in phils on January 7th. 2010 and she will meet me at the airport in Cagayan De Oro.
    Before I met my lady, I met several (many) girls on "(removed by Admin)" that were obvious and not-so-obvious scammers.
    I have known this lady for almost a year now. When we first met, I checked her out every way that I could including paying someone to check her details. They all came back true and good.
    And of course, I went to all of the Pihlippine scammer sites and spent many hours looking for her there.
    We chat with cam every night on YM so i know I am chatting with the same person as in her pictures.........
    She refused to accept any money from me for several months until I insisted. Now she accepts only a very minimal amount to pay for her daily chat and her cell service and I have checked the costs directly and know what it cost her.......so I know she is not making a profit on me.
    Of course there is a large age gap between us...i can deal with that, and she can also.
    I am retiring there and not returning to the USA. My Social Security check will allow me to live very well there.
    But the bottom line of this story took a strange turn that I did not expect.
    Being a "biker"..tattoos mean nothing to me.......I have 16 of them.........and three of them are "cover-ups".......previous girlfriends/wives names.
    So I decided to get a pair of interlocked hearts on my right shoulder, with banners in each heart, my name in one heart and her name in the other.
    I did so........ and sent her a picture of it.........and I said something to the effect "see, I am serious about getting married to you"
    About 3 weeks later, I went online one night and there were pictures from her waiting for me.
    She had gone to a tattoo shop and had the exact tattoo put the back of her left shoulder.........and it was the first tattoo that she ever had.
    I asked her "what have you done? Dont you realize that a tattoo is on there forever?".......She simply looked at me and replied "I am going to be with you forever"........and I can tell from pictures that it was a new fresh real tattoo.
    So..........there are good stories and bad stories at this site......just like there are good pinay's and bad pinay's.......I will know on January 7th. just which one she is.
    But I have this gut feeling that we will be married and together for a very long time.
    And of course in only 31 more days I will let everyone here know the outcome.
    Oh, and FYI..........I am moving to Cagayan De Oro......and there are 607 ladies on "(removed by Admin)" from just that city only. In all of that number, there HAS to be several that are honest.......living there it will be much easier to find out which ones are, and are not.
    But I am sticking with my gut feeling...........I really believe that my lady is honest and true and sincerely wants to marry me and be with me forever. Any comments are completely welcome.
    There really are many very honest and trustworthy girls and ladies in Phils who just want an American husband for love and security......and they are willing to live anywhere to be happy. Hell.......I know a couple more.......but I got the best one.

2. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck to you. For corcern it is better to know her first personally.

3. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Hi Ronv8917.
    I've read your stories about this pinay you have now. as a pinay i'm impress the way you want to know the lady you want to be got married with.. i also feel happy that while im reading your post i can't stop my tiers dropping down. But just few of it and its just me…. Nothing to worry about hehhehehe…. :smile:
    when i read your stories about your tattoo... and her new just new fresh tattoo just because of you its make me smile that is so sweet …
    if its her way to proof how much she love you by having tattoo then that’s her style… I just wish that she really loves you the way you love her… or what ever feelings you feel for her… no offence pls I just want to say congratulations to both of you. That you both found the big love to each other.
    I would like to say also that in this world its not easy to fine a partner that can be honest and cant hurt you mentally and emotionally but in your stories your lady is different as what you say, i would like to say congratulations that you have the feeling that she is the lady for you...
    I wish you the good luck and happiness that you share to each other that your relationship will last longer and longer…
    Thanks for sharing your love story here in DI. And welcome to the forum.

[FONT=&quot]Cheers Rechel [/FONT]

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    If they all are after an American, I doubt :D
    I hope you're lucky with your Filipina.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    To be continued...I hope :wink:

5. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    to Jellyfish: they need naive americans for the money and Europeans for having fun

to Rechel: I also had tears in my eyes but not exactly from being touched

to Ron: wish you all the luck in the world that your lady is different. She should be fine if god fearing, non drinker, non smoker, sweet, friendly, likes cooking and reading, family oriented, not materialistic, simple, honest, marrige minded, humble, loving person and of course someone looking for her soul mate and real love.

6. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    For your sake and if you are serious about marriage you better be bringing proof that the ex-wives are really ex's. Not only will that be required for the local paperwork but also for our consulate as well.

7. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    To Gass....you described her exactly, except for the fact that she does not think that she is pretty and needs a little more self-confidence, which I am working on. I feel very comfortable in this situation and with her.

To Pedro.... my previous wife died in an auto accident 11 years ago. I will have my passport, a certified birth certificate for me and a certified death certificate for my ex. I don't know what else I could need for myself. I have my future wife checking everything that she needs and also if I need anything additional.

8. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    To Rechel..... I am a very intelligent person. I know hundreds of horror stories of pinay scams. I have had numerous scams tried on me.
    And..... I realize that scamming men on the Internet is a full time business for many hundreds of girls in phils on a daily basis.
    And.....take any percentage that you want....let's say 90% of the girls are scammers, what about the 10% that are not. Those 10% are being missed because of the rest.
    It is all a matter of doing homework, checking everything out carefully, being very careful and having a LOT of faith in your gut feelings.
    As I have told many people here....yes, I might get there and find out that she is a scammer.... But what if I don't go and she is for real.....then I will have missed the most wonderful lady in the world just because of my fears to take a chance.
    Regardless of what anyone says, I will step off that airplane on Jan. 7th and totally expect her to come running up to me.
    When you remove hope and dreams from your life, you don't have much left to live for.

9. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And to everybody here.....there are sites all over the net about pinay scammers and I have read more than most.
    But the one thing that is obviously missing are all of the stories of the successful relationships and marriages.
    When I mentioned this to another man that I know that DOES have a wonderful marriage to a pinay, he just smiled and said "it's very simple....us that do have a great marriage to a pinay do not have time to go on the net and talk about it. We are too busy enjoying our lives.
    That might explain the ratio of good stories to bad stories on most of the sites.
    As for me....I promise to come here and give you an update after Jan. 7th, but if everything is perfect, I probably won't have time either.

10. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And as an after-thought.......why is it whenever I tell someone that I am getting married to a lady from the Philippines, the first thing they ask is "how old is she?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.