Dumaguete Info Search

First trip to dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by alesypalsy, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Hi there, my wife and I will be visiting this beautiful island this tuesday, we will be staying in malatapy, am thinking rent a motorbike and get to see as much as possible as we are considering moving down there, (currently in angeles city) could anyone advise on anything you think as a must do while we are there. We are on a bit of a budget not loaded with cash so any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Alesypalsy, you did not mention for how long you will stay so it's difficult to advise then.
    We could mention all the interesting points around here (also mentioned elsewhere on this forum in other threads), but if it is a short stay I could list:
    -Malatapay market (each Wednesday, just waking distance from your resort. Go early in the morning, between 8 and 10 AM).
    -Balanan lake (just at the south of Siaton, you head about 8 km to the hills (mouintains). It's from Malatapay resort about 35 km.
    -Apo Island for a daytrip with snorkeling or diving. you're lucky to be so near to the departure place for the bankas at Malatapay pier.
    -Twin lake (north off Sibulan, left into the mountains/hills).
    -Bais for dolphin watching (however not yet the right season to watch the dolphins)
    -Siquijor (make a short trip with the ferry from Dumaguete, rent there a motorbike or bring your rented motorbike over there and view the island on your own).
    -All the bars at the boulevard (when you don't drink at all places it could be a quick visit, but then you miss the real 'thing' :smile:)
    -Valencia with the Casaroro Falls and Camp Forest. (all doable with a motorbike, although it depends on the motorbike and your capabilities to drive on it to reach Casaroro Falls, since the last part of the road is quite 'paved with stones a cyclope has left there behind :wink:)
    -Look on the entertainment section to find some info for your amusement/nightlife. I can assure you that Malatapay resort will NOT impress you for it's entertainment facilities, But that is surely THE reason that you have chosen that resort apart from the very reasonable price of course.
    I often go there to have a cup of coffee or something cold and yellow.
    Enjoy your trip.

3. OP
    OP
    alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    A kind thank you very much is in order for you my good man jellyfish, Thanks for your response it sounds like we will have plenty to do!, Sorry i forgot to mention we have from the 6th until the 14th april so 7-8 days, I not so bothered of the heavy drinking at the moment ha ha as there is far to much to do here! Am really looking at a different lifestyle to angeles city. Sorry to pick your brain again but do you have any recommendations for hiring a motorbike there? hopefully close to the airport so can go get it soon as we land!

The market is on the list along with apo to see the turtles, have brought the snorkeling gear today(getting excited). The other things are great inputs and shall try to fit it in which am sure we will, was going to see if could fit a night or 2 in at bohol on the way back if poss but if not it doesnt matter as we do want to visit siquijor.

Thanks again jellyfish, you are a true gent!

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    You're welcome. I'm glad that not only my wife finds me a true gent :D

I don't know if you can hire a motorbike at the airport, but I guess (so, not sure) that you can find the information for it at the airport at the left side when you are going out of the lugage claim room.
    If not, take a ride with a tricycle to the centre of Dumaguete. Ask the driver to bring you to the new Yamaha motorbike shop (Perdices street), a little bit further than the Bell Tower.
    Opposite the Yamaha shop is a good shop (don't have the name) to rent motorbikes (if renting for 7 days, you probably can get it for 200 pesos/day !).

5. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Welcome to the "twilight zone"!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.