Dumaguete Info Search

Fishing gear

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by mwakio1, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwakio1

mwakio1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking for a place to get basic fishing gear, just hooks, swivels, weights, etc. Anyone know of a place in town? I am surrounded by fishermen in my village and can't find a place to buy gear, seems crazy. Is this another one of those things I have to go to Cebu or Manila for?

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    3rd try. It seems as though my last 2 replies got sent to cyberspace? :mad:

Cebu, Manila, and Bacolod all have tackle stores with a decent to good selection of gear and tackle. Sulit.com has a few tackle stores that advertise, but they are in Cebu and Manila. The problem is......no fish to catch? What specifically are you looking for? Sizes? Weights? Colors? PM me.

3. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why wont you try how local fisherman do the fishing just by using a nylon and a hook and with a bait its all good to go. :smile:

4. DraggingCanoe

DraggingCanoe DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a sporting goods store on the national road in Dumaguete. Has a large assortment of fishing supplies, including rods and reels.

Not sure of the name..it is across the street from a motorbike parts shop. Cannot remember the exact location but it is before Silliman and after the gas station on the right side of the road if you are heading toward Sibulan. Past the gas station on the right.

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.