Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor Flight Dumaguete to Siquijor

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Chester, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Chester

Chester DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

Am trying to find out about flying 3 people from Dumaguete to Siquijor. Arriving 14th November and returning 16th November.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

thanks,

Chester

2. rbrown

rbrown DI Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 8
    Don't think a flight from Dumaguete to Siquijor is available. There is a ferry from the port but not a direct flight from here. If you insist to fly you will have to go to Cebu.

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    There are no flights from Dumaguete to Siquijor, but alternate transportation may be available if you BYOC (bring your own cannon). :D

[video=youtube;W16KVxv3N3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16KVxv3N3Y[/video]

4. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Been on Siquijor a couple of times and made some trips around the island but never seen an airport. Though for a light weight air plane just an ordinary strip may already be enough to land (if allowed). For sure there are DI members living on Siquijor who will have more accurate info than I can provide.
    Another option is to inquire @the Dumaguete/Sibulan airport about renting a little air plane, seen many of that kind around there.

5. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I was told many on siquijor use brooms to fly to duma.
    cheers

6. camote

camote DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    You can use an Air taxi Service Far East Aviation Service tel.: 0915 500 3771
    Dumaguete to Siquijor 7000.- Pesos with 4 Seater.

People how don't know an post and post with out brain should be banned.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Siquijor has a landing strip. Getting there in one of the small planes from the Sibulan airport was roughly 200 $. in 2011. The airport is between Siquijor Town and San Juan in the West of the Island

For my knowledge, the private operator at the Sibulan airport shut down, but that is just hear-say.

Far East Aviation from Cebu offered me DGT --> Siquijor 8000 php in August, had to skip the trip due to work commitments outside Philippines.

8. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    could't agree more...

not sure why they asked me 8k... maybe with whatever fees may occur. According to their offer they use a Chesna 172

9. highway_61

highway_61 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    these kind of flights to islands have been tried and tried over the years and always failed. Bantayan until the typhoon at any rate not an insubstantial tourist destination by Philippines standards has at various times attempted to have a flight from Cebu but it has always failed.

Camotes is another one where apparently they are seeking to upgrade their airport as various morons get it into their heads that it is about to 'take off' as some tourist mecca, but you just know there isn't going to be enough interest in the foreseeable future to make a schedueled flight viable.

Camiguin and Siargao are the only exceptions, especially Siargao but now Cebu Pacific seem to making a good stab at a Camiguin service and in fact I am about to use it myself in only three weeks. And it only cost me 1,550 peso. I think these two islands, Camiguin and Siargao are the only two places in the country where you can fly from Cebu, but not Manila.

see above. No flights from Cebu to Siquijor. Or Manila either for that matter. It's going to be like Bantayan was and probably still is. Sometimes some big wig like Gwen Garcia used to do, might charter a plane and use the airstrip to head out there to sniff around for some votes, rather than getting on the ferry with the plebs.