Dumaguete Info Search

Flooding in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I just got back to Sibulan from downtown Dumaguete. Rain has been constant in downtown parts this morning and quite heavy. As of half an hour ago there were many streets in the downtown area under a foot of water. I was on the EZ Ride jeepney and he had to take an unusual route to avoid the worst of the flooding and yet we were still driving through a foot of water in many areas.

A good day to stay home if you are thinking of going to town and you have a choice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Better of at the Shop for a beer sori sori.jpg as I can't get to mow the Lawn Weather Aghhhhhhhhhh.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    South highway flooded, had to go up to Valencia and down to Bacong at 11:30.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    6.20am-11am rain amount! image.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    image.jpeg New bridge foundation at bambulo resort,built by Phil south ofcourse!

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I can't share the video on my friend's FB as it is marked for her "friends only" but it shows the river near where PhilSouth is building that new bridge across the river and it sure looks like the river is close to taking out the foundations of that bridge. I hope they give it a good inspection when the water subsides.

8. silverbullet

silverbullet Ring Ring. Who's calling? Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +76 / 14
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Seems the power of water is always under estimated here.

9. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    It really caught me unawares. When I went downtown yesterday morning at 9 am it seemed like just a heavy rain. Heavy enough that I wanted to ride in a dry jeepney rather than take my motorcycle. An hour and a half later it was still raining heavy so I decided to catch the jeepney home. By then there was a foot of water or more running down most of the streets. When all the collected rain came rushing down from the high ground is when it started to get attention on Facebook and such.

So the power of water is underestimated because rain is normal and it seems that the big difference is when the rain is spread over a large area so it starts to collect in the low lying areas. For example, where I live in Sibulan had a lot of rain but nothing flooded near me.

10. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I think questions have to be asked as to why Philsouth is awarded contracts for bridges, when one bridge has already failed and the this one looks precarious.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1