Dumaguete Info Search

Flying Manila/Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by devildog4, Feb 1, 2012.

1. devildog4

devildog4 DI Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    My Wife (from Dumaguete) and I are going back to Dumaguete this summer after being in the States for the last 6 years. At that time, the only airline (I think) flying to Dumaguete was Air Philippines with one flight a day about 8 am.
    What airlines serve Dumaguete now and how many flights (and times) are there?

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    5 flights daily

3 from Cebu Pathetic (morning noon afternoon)
    2 PAL (morning afternoon)
    Last few weeks the noon flight of CP was cancelled quite often.

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    devildog, expect delays, extra charge for baggage, and airport terminal fees. I flew PAL last week, there were very consistent, one hour late each way. Will be good to have another former usmc on board.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    that's why I did not mention any time, as we should see those as rough ideas (and sometimes wild fantasies)

5. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    for a few $ more You can consider pay business class on PAL, at least for Your MNL-DUMA flight. It allows You 30 Kilos of Baggage instead of 15 kilos and PAL lounge privlages with free food and drinks { incl: Beer and alcohol }. This makes it very nice if Your plane gets delayed or if You're like Me and show up a couple of hours early to the airport. You also get to sit in the Business class section in the front of the aircraft when You fly to duma....food and drinks also included. I was very pleased with the service. If You book soon enough in advance You might get a good deal......Just My two cents, Cheers...... And if I'm not mistaken I was even allowed More Carryon weight and head of the line privlages too..

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    John, I made the costly mistake of flying business class RT Dgte - Manila last week. Very expensive now, more than triple the coach fare. My baby was over 3000p and that was without a seat.

7. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I only did it for the mnl-dma segment. I actually had more than 30 kilos of xmas pasalubong and more than the allowable carryon weight.... I gave them a big bag of M&M'S from the States and They sorta looked the other way.....The 3 hour wait in the PAL lounge was worth it though, I drank My fair share of Red Horses, Smg's and mixed drinks. I think I may have paid around 2,500 pesos more for the one segment, and it was either that or pay 150 pesos for each kilo of baggage i went over. I was over by at least 20 kilos or more.. but I still think they cut me alot of slack { Maybe cause of the M&M'S.......... Sorry I didn't gt a chance to stop by, it was a short trip and I spent most of the time chasing the little ones around, besides that I know Ya got Your hands full now too.... BTW, that's a nice house you got there for sale. If You find a buyer They won't be disapointed.... Especially once They see The master Bath and Bedroom....cheers

8. OP
    OP
    devildog4

devildog4 DI Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    Hi John reynolds...

I checked the PAL website and they did not have a business class. They listed it as "classic" or Premium". Any idea which one it was? I like the idea of waiting in a lounge with free drinks and extra weight for the baggage...

9. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    If you buy a ticket now for February 28,including 30 kl luggage, you will pay:

Cebu Pacific: 2,338 Pesos.
    PAL Fiesta Deal: 1.207 (15 kl luggage) + 15 x 150 (makes 30 kl luggage) :3,457 pesos.
    PAL Mabuhay Premium : 6,359 pesos

10. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    both mabuhay classic and mabuhay premium give you lounge privlages and priority checkin, the only differerence is that mabuhay premium allows you 35 kilos of checked baggage whereas classic gives you 30 kilos....cheers