Dumaguete Info Search

Food - Eateries

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by savetheseamonkeys, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savetheseamonkeys

savetheseamonkeys DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    where in town can one get tasty local food?

what is the name of the best supermarket and its location?

i think i had read here that vendors set up on the walk along the sea along rizal at night?

is there a nice food court, market that has cooked food?

local cheapie restaurants that expats frequent?

local restauarant that has some speciality such as seafood or pork or whatever?

just no balut or foods cooked with intestine or blood. ill try just about anything else.

thank you -

2. katerin21

katerin21 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    re: eateries

there's a lot of good eateries in dumaguete, u can try jo's inato restaurant, la cavitena, and if you want lab-as. :-) groceries, like lee super plaza supermarket and hypermarket going to valencia. :-)

3. dauinrcflyer

dauinrcflyer DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a food court at the top floor (I think its the 4th floor) of Lee Super Plaza, offering several types of Filipino Food. Also, a restaurant called Food Net offers good fililipno food at reasonalble prices and is quite popular with the locals. Its located on Sta. Catalina St (its the next street parrallel to the Blvd). On the second floor of Hypermart are a few eateries that offer a variety of food. The evening vendors at the Blvd offer what is called Tempura, and I think its processed fish, battered and fried. Fried Squid balls are also on the menu, along with Balut. The open market has a few eateries, but I've never tried them, so I dont know how safe of good they are. If you want some really good Mexican as well as American dishes at a very reasonable price, try the Waterfront Cafe at the Blvd. They serve breakfast also (try the Spanish Omellete, yummy). You also may want to try "Hoy Lugaw", next door to the Waterfront Cafe for more Filipino food. Hope this helps.

4. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    local food

Boston market{not to be confused with the chain restaurant in the States} across from FoodNet is one of My favorites.Excellent Mash Potatoes,My Daughter just loves them.Lots of good choices on the menu too,with a very nice setting inside.Waterfront is also one of My favorite choices on the Blvd.My reccomendation is the Chili-con carne.My personal favorite for Lechon Manok {rottiserie chichen} is at Sr.Pedros located across the street from the south side of the park near the Dumaguete Cathedral. You may also want to try Joe's chiken Anato or Chicken Ati-atihan,but You'll have to ask for directions.There are so many places to choose from in Duma.Check out the listing on this website,there's alot to choose from....

5. OP
    OP
    savetheseamonkeys

savetheseamonkeys DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks that is some excellent information. im mainly interested in local fare both to keep costs down and to give the fare an honest shot as its not thought of as haute cuisine :-)

if that chicken is stuffed with lemon grass its quit egood, i think i had it in bacolod a few yrs back at some place that looked like a 'mexican cantina' w/ outdoor seating.

squid balls?! these good be great or disgusting. why do i know they are the latter ;-)

6. iheartdgte

iheartdgte DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My suggestions...

Joe's Chicken (by far my favorite place to eat in Dumaguete!), Nikki's Kitchen and Cafe' Antonio!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.