Dumaguete Info Search

Food Rehab Burgers

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Sedona, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Found a place the other day with pretty decent burgers. If you're going north on Flores, just after you pass by Hayahay keep going straight along the ocean. After just a short distance you will see this new center that is just constructed on the left. There are a few shops there, and a Mafioso restaurant that just opened (they still have a limited soft opening menu). Across the parking lot from Mafioso, back in the corner (and apparently owned by the same people that own Mafioso) there is a little place called Food Rehab that specializes in burgers. They have quite an assortment, bacon cheese, mushroom, Hawaiian, I had what was called the "What the Truck" burger. It was huge, covered with chili, and served in a cast iron skillet. It's a small little place, if you didn't know about it you would probably never find it, but if you're craving for a good burger I would recommend checking it out.

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    There was one in downtown - did you ever go there and, if so, what did you think of it?

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I like Mafioso. Had a local steak for around P300 and it was very tasty and tender.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    I have tried the downtown Mafioso and I do think it's nice, I liked the ambience of the place and the food was well above average, parking there is very difficult though. With this new Mafioso there is no parking problem at all, which to me is worth a couple of extra minutes drive. It looks like this new one will also have a second story seating section which will have a very nice view, but they haven't opened that part up yet.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Tried Food Rehab, we thought it was better than most but not as good as a few others.

6. Shawn44

Shawn44 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I tried it with a few friends. It is convenient and tasty if u live north of the river. I still like Lord byrons as my hamburger go to...but this resto is south of the river so don't go there often

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    Lord byrons either moved or is no more. :(

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    So this brings up the question five best burger places. Mine (disclaimer-list fluid) unordered.
    Dive Cafe
    South Beach
    Casablanca
    Dad’s
    TBD - maybe Burger King when it arrives

9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Get a burger at Casablanca yesterday, very good, special the meat was good quality and juicy, they have different taste, can't remember the name but order a spicy and was fine to me

10. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Was going to go to Food Rehab yesterday. Mafioso was open so decided to try that one. Had the BBQ Rib with fries. Portion size is small, one rib, and comes with spicy BBQ sauce. Fries are unsalted but seasoned with pepper. Wife had shrimp, six pieces, with rice. We are not big eaters so it wasn't to bad. Was a soft opening menu so no dessert to offer. Service was good, view is good, and nice music not to loud. If you are a big eater you will probably be disappointed. Maybe some growing pains. Will be trying some other places there as others are beginning to look like they will open eventually.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1