Dumaguete Info Search

For NMRN

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Toto, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    I don't have permissions to respond in that thread.

"This sounds like a bunch of scientific jargon to justify fear. I hope you aren't holed up somewhere and not getting out. Keep your spirits up."

The decision whether to be "holed up" is a personal one and has no relationship whatsoever to spirits - the person who cannot cope alone is the one who needs the "spirits". The person who is content alone is the only one who can be reliant on just one person, is never at odds in person with other people and is never talked about behind their back (unless they talk to themselves!).

And, btw, I am not sure you actually understand the meaning of "jargon".

I used jargon properly. I fare quite well alone, but I do get out, and I see you do now - good. The topic of mental health during the pandemic is a brisk one. Yes it absolutely does have something to do with "spirits", and famously so. Even loners, such as myself, know we need a certain amount of human interaction, we just need less, leave groups earlier because we're drained. :smile: I disagree, absolutely everyone is talked about behind their back, just some people are more popular than others. If you aren't part of the group, they will talk about you. Inevitable. I don't worry about it, unless it costs me. I've had friends down in spirits. I grabbed one, took him down and we walked Newport Beach, sat in the sun by the wedge and watched body boarders. Got him out, he got exercise, and I recounted how exercise equals one Zoloft. He and I were good enough friends we could disagree on politics, which I shy away from in person, but technical subjects? No. The gossipers will shape a bad narrative on you if they don't like the way you part your hair. And they are experts at implying things, I tend to be direct. But, in any case, glad to see you are getting out, it's good for the health all around. :smile:

2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I am glad NMRN and Toto are here. Writing is a better way to discuss things and the diminishing without deleting is a good solution to keeping the discussion on track.
    A benefit of this forum is most every discussion is public. Not behind someones back.
    The accountability of a public written forum helps to clear up misinformation and keeps the implications to a minimum.

Glad you both are here.

Sometimes when things get a little personal, it is best to let the matter drop by not responding. Responding just stirs things up more and creates more personally directed posts.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1