Dumaguete Info Search

Foreigner and 5 locals missing on fishing trip

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by barryrio, Feb 16, 2015.

1. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    Anyone heard anything about this on the media - seems to be mentopned only on Dumaguete FB page???

To all local DRRM officers, members, response teams, bantay dagat in Negros Oriental please be informed and take necessary actions for 6 missing persons as reported by Phil Coast Guard -Dumaguete.

A banca with 6 persons on board (with 1 american) departed from Dumaguete on 13 February, at 8am allegedly for the purpose of leisure fishing in the southern part of negros oriental.

Said banca has not yet returned and the persons on board could no longer be contacted thru their cell phones.

In view of this concern, OCD enjoined LDRRMCS to please report to the nearest Coast Guard station in your area if there are developments about the banca and the passengers.

For your appropriate action on this matter. Allen Cabaron, ocd7 optns. provl coordinator for negor and siquijo

• Informative Informative x 5
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I haven't heard anything. Posted it to the DI social media pages.

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Has anyone heard any updates on this? There is also the scenario they were out too far and this is the shortest route over to mindano. Abduction also comes to mind!

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Not a Dicky Davy, not much is being said in the press that I can tell. and Stranger things have happened, If Abduction, Probably wont't hear until they try and sell the Boat.:cautious:

But seriously I dare say there can't be too much Hope now if they are out in the open sea, it has been a few days
    I read they were only equipped for a days Fishing is this right?

JP :bag:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    A little update in the Press today, Nothing new, so maybe Davy's theory might hold water because It don't seem likely the boat did! :whistling: well to much maybe :eek:

American, 5 Pinoys missing after a week at sea

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Those tuna grounds are along way out, last time I was out off sta Catalina we were around 25kms out and could see Zamboanga clearly.
    There are always plenty boats out there fishing and plenty drift nets which get checked on a regular basis.

A few years ago there was an abduction from Palawan, the terrorists came from Mindanao. There was a film made about it, can't remember the name though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I read somewere his girl friend and her brother were with him, 6 ppl in a 22ft boat i bet it did not have a lot of free board , or eperb, flares, radio, jackets, compass, ect

8. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    hahahahahaha can you imagine the blank looks you would get if you mentioned any of those things to the locals....:biggrin::biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Has there been any news on the people missing?

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    @Kojak
    No official news as far as I can see, plenty of the usual skeptical speculation. Abduction for Ransom, I wonder if Kojak can give us any updates?

• Like Like x 1