Dumaguete Info Search

Foreigner found dead in Daro rented apartment, 2/25/18.

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by KTM, Feb 26, 2018.

1. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The fb link has been either deleted or the permissions on the post are private!

3. Lorraine

Lorraine DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +69 / 21
    Blood Type:
    B-
    It probably has been deleted because it had a photo of the deceased.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    As it should for respect to the deceased and their grieving loved ones. Showing pictures of corpses does nothing to make the news more credible, especially in these types of circumstance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    What types of circumstances? With the link deleted there is nothing in this thread but a teaser headline that leaves the readers wondering WTF is going on?

6. tanjay

tanjay DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +107 / 30
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Maybe the gentleman was just sleeping, he awakened and people were ashamed for reporting fake news.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The link wasn't deleted from the forum. The actual Facebook post was either deleted or made private. I had nothing to do with that.

My opinion on when dead bodies should be shown....it's complicated. I think it should always be a last resort and be beneficial to educating someone on an individual basis. Example: my GF is hard headed about wearing a helmet (no pun intended). I can talk until I'm blue in the face and she will resist....but if I start forcing pictures or videos of people having accidents and getting horrible mutilated/disfigured/killed (preferably with the accident being no fault of their own because she thinks she's a good driver and accidents can only happen if she is at fault ) on her then she starts to come around....at least for a week or two. That doesn't mean I agree with the common 3rd world practice of posting that crap on social media, I don't, but those images can serve a valid purpose. There are websites out there that claim to serve this specific purpose, though I'm not sure I believe the owners are operating those sites for the reasons claimed. (Mainly because they have absolutely zero concern about getting consent from any involved person' in the images.)

A bit off topic now.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    A friend sent me the picture before it dissapered from Facebook (I won't post it on any public forum). He is/was a very large man and didn't look like he was sleeping to me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Was there anything in the news-paper?

10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    I agree because there is not a NEED. Without seeing the picture of the deceased our lives remain the same - with it being shown, some people may find it upsetting (the family surely will) and some may get a sense of pleasure. Those who are extremely sensitive to things in life tend to struggle a bit in the world and those who lack any sensitivity tend to be psychopaths. As with most things, being somewhere around the middle of the spectrum is probably best - I contend that seeing pictures of a dead person with no valid purpose is just way too far to the psychopathic end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1