Dumaguete Info Search

Foreigner on 650 ninja VS dog

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by shadow, Aug 30, 2014.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Posted on Hulagway;

Today 7:07am

"motorcycle crash near the Ang tay golf course that involves a foreigner with a blue ninja 650 bike vs dog.. smashed his head head first.. residents and a pedicab guy assisted the foreigner to the hospital"

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Was up there(Ang Tay/Roveira Drive) earlier in the morning, walking mine and was headed back home by 6:45am. Always a lot of dogs on the road, especially the Florentina homes, the small 'chapel' and the turnoff before the Ang Tay course areas. if you are on a bike, be aware that you may have to stop quickly, if you're in a car, carry on as usual.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Be ready to stop quickly but know that it is not always the best option. Sometimes you just have to "ride through" those pesky mutts. I have hit a local dog going about 40 around a turn on my 1000cc. Bump bump then rear wheel skipped over a bit but regained control. Absolutely no damage to my bike. I didn't stop because I could hear the locals throwing a fit that I hit their dog.

You are more likely to hit the ground if you slam on the front brake than if you just hang on and ride through it. Those bike have physics on their side when it comes to collision with a dog. There are videos out there of motorcycles hitting full grown adult humans and not hitting the pavement afterwards. Note that I had hit a 10 year old girl running across the road without looking, the only reason I hit the ground was because she clipped my handlebar putting me in a tank slapper. The actual impact of hitting her was barely felt. It takes quite a bit to mass to get 600+ pounds of metal, rubber and me to abruptly change it's course.

I couldn't find a video of someone hitting a dog and staying up (every single one I found had the person locking up the front brakes and low siding it) but here is one of someone hitting a kangaroo center mass and not going down.

[video=youtube;I_OvQhYDGuM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OvQhYDGuM[/video]

• Like Like x 1
  4. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Roo on the barbie masarap. Oztony could definately lower his grocery bill.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Double dead, that's what the locals call it, Lami

• Like Like x 1
  6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Nothing like a good feed of road kill , saves on bullets fresh of course .

7. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    I actually hit a dog in Tanjay about 3 weeks ago , doing 60klm/hr on the highway , 1am , it just walked straight in front of me , I was on the suzi scooter , no damage to me or scooter and I did not have time to try and avoid , but we were always taught if in a vehicle and you can't brake safely just run over whatever comes in front of you (not people of course) , so you don't kill yourself in any mad avoidance manoeurvre's .
    That guy was so lucky with that roo , it can be pretty dangerous on a bike , this one may even be in the P.I.

Dog vs Motorcycle rider caught on cam helmet accident crash - YouTube

8. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Reason I stick with my Hoveround, I can brake safely for small children, animals and the occassional working girl. :D

View attachment 11620

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    yes in a car they are just speed humps

10. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    no helmet on the foreigner?

QUOTE=shadow;1851903388]Posted on Hulagway;

Today 7:07am

"motorcycle crash near the Ang tay golf course that involves a foreigner with a blue ninja 650 bike vs dog.. smashed his head head first.. residents and a pedicab guy assisted the foreigner to the hospital"[/QUOTE]

• Agree Agree x 1