Dumaguete Info Search

Foreigner Using Sr. Citizen Card

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I was appalled today at a foreigner showing and bragging about his Sr. Citizen discount card and how he gets 20% discount. We were having lunch at the mall with another DI member and his wife when a former DI member who knows my friend showed him the card. I told him it is illegal for the foreigner to use the card, and that he could be deported. His reply was, deport me, I don't care. I was later told this guy is a bible thumper. Well... shameless.

2. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think you need to just get over it.

For all the sub par food etc being sold in town a discount seems only fair. You can't even get a full sundae cup of ice cream at McD anymore, even though the poster shows a full cup.

I can't count the number of ice cream cones I got there that were empty or near empty below the top level of the cone. Complain and they just laugh, like everywhere else in town...

3. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    I know many many foreigners that were given the Sr. citizen card....

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I'm laughing too

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Ice creams apart Guy's
    The way prices are going in the Phil; we'll all need them shortly!
    But I realise what your saying Pat, I get furious about people parking in the "Disable bays" at the local supermarket, when their not entitled to. regards .....JB

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Given by whom?

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Penalty!

:eek: We have been here before and I guess it won't change. (Well not as long as there is a scam involved, and there must be a Scam somwhere, along the line) What I will ask though, as we all know about the reported penalty, for the use of this card by a foreigner, IS there a penalty, for the person or company, Accepting this card? surely, if there is a penalty for using it, there has to be a penalty for accepting it. It can't be said OH! we thought it was Kosher, (excepting those that hold one legally, I am not to sure there will many of these though. We somehow, do NOT look like a Pinoy.) both Pat and JB have valid points, I doubt there is anything to curb this issue untill the Authorities accept it is going ON. This, I doubt they will do.

Jack P.

8. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    That really gets to me too, JB. Quite a few people do that sort of thing here. d*mn pikeys!!

9. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I don't have a card but my wife often gets asked for one when she buys my prescriptions each month. I am pretty sure they know that I am a foreigner. With my scripts running over 8000 pesos a month and knowing how high drugs are marked up it is tempting.

10. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Senior Citizen Card for CITIZEN's ONLY!

This subject was discussed in a thread not to long ago. It is now getting old.
    AGAIN:

Must be a Citizen of Philippines.
    60 years of age or older.
    Maximum income per year P60.000

Any foreigner with Phil passport, age 60 and income no more than
    P5000/month, no problem.... you can apply and for sure you need it!

Penalty for lawbreakers is Jail awaiting deportation. One way ticket.

THE END!

PS. OSCA, Office Senior Citizen Affairs, are now informing all establishment about the problem.
    Airplane tickets agencies, Pharmacy, Restaurants, Malls etc. If the person is a foreigner ask him for
    his Philippine Passport when he try to use "his" Senior Citizen Card. No passport no 20% discount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.