Dumaguete Info Search

Forum Member in Need of A+ Blood Donation

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Rye83, May 16, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Guys we have a forum member that is in of blood. Horizon's wife has contacted me asking for help.

If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    bump!

3. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Colin King A+.

I have tried to donate before, but as I have hypertension and was 62 at the time, they would not let me donate at Holy Child.

Have you asked if they have A+ in stock either at Silliman or Holy Child. Last time I wasted a whole day there, before they told us they have stock.

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have no other information other than what I first posted at this time. Waiting for his wife to return emails or PMs. I'm not in country so I can't go to the hospital to try and help.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I've contacted everyone in the dumaguete blood database this morning. I only have 11 people with A+ blood though. I just sent a follow up text too.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Went to Silliman 20 minutes ago. Found Steve Belinkoff on second floor. Went to nurses station and asked if I could donate blood for SB. Told them my situation as per previous reply, where they told me that the doctor had seen SB but has not requested blood. I'm alittle confused, or is it just the wife panicking. Have emailed his wife, but no reply.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I put in the request for him on Dumaguete Blood using his wife's email. She needs to click the verification link that was emailed to her. I'm currently not getting anything back from her at all. Added a delivery and read receipt to this last email I sent her.

That is odd but not unheard of. One hand might not know what the other is doing, it is the Philippines. I still have not heard any word back from the wife. Let's hope his wife is panicking and it is not as serious as she might think it is. Thanks for going and checking!

8. Qwertz

Qwertz DI Junior Member

Retired lighthouse keeper
    Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    I am A+ but what is the maximum age you have to be to donate blood? I am 69. Last time I gave was in my 20's.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Sounds like it could be one of two things: The hospital admits the guy and not initially knowing if blood will be needed so request a just-in-case supply; or uses the situation to build their blood inventory. A few of us went through a miserable process at Silliman Hospital when Jellyfish needed blood and they were out of stock.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It was his wife who messaged me from his forum account this morning saying the blood was needed. Strange that if the hospital originally requested it they would deny it being needed now.

I've heard there is a maximum age but I'm not sure on what it is.