Dumaguete Info Search

fourwheeler

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by xhippie, Jan 15, 2012.

1. xhippie

xhippie DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +27 / 7
    as i was going from dumaguete to sibulan today i was quite surprised to hear a very loud bike,or whst i thought was a bike, out turned out to be a quad or four wheel atv...and i got to wondering if they would be legal on the road here in the philippines..i know back in michigan in the rural counties the are allowed to ride on the side of the county roads ,not on the major highways, i am sure they are quite expensive here also...but my curiosity was triggered...i am hoping that the collective experiance and knowledge of the DI community would be able to answer yet another of my millions of quieries....thank you..
    curt

2. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    I had the same thoughts!! Here is a reply I received from a dealer in Cebu city
    We can have it registered as a motorbike for additional fee of 15k... I have a client there in escalante city bacolod with a bufallo and it has plate no.

Call me for details

Chad 09189457293

Hi ,

Below are our latest models, both have the same 260cc watercooled engine with a shaft driven drivetrain (not chains) both have 4 point independent suspension, 4 disc brakes which can be engaged by using just one foot lever, both have a parking brake, and a tow hitch (stainless ball)

our price is 220k negotiable

Our One and only ATV Competitor in Makati Sells the Same model for 250K

website of our manufacturer:

China xingyue Group co.,ltd.

China xingyue Group co.,ltd.

Hope this is of help to you!

3. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are a number of quads for sale out across from the airport. I think they had plates on them already, but I can't remember.

They sit too low and would be risky to ride in traffic IMHO..

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    LTO has no category for them. Some dealers license them as MC in order to plate them, but there can be problems when it comes time to renew, as Wayne of ATV Adventure Tours found out. Supposedly there was some action by LTO to create a category for them, but I don't think it ever actually happened yet.

Larry

5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    That may be, is my friend that bought 2 atv's. from Wayne. He is a good guy.
    Ron

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Wayne,...good guy ? totally disagree. had a case years back, where a customer got badly injured and he did not give a sh@#. Only my experience, but since then ..... hands off that guy ...

7. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Off topic, but ATV Wayne had a house down by the river (right on the river).
    Does anybody know if his house survived Sendong?
    Of course, him being a know-it-all, he wouldn't listen to those of us telling him not to build there....

8. OP
    OP
    xhippie

xhippie DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +27 / 7
    i ,evidently have too much time on my hands, was also wondering about lifted and modified gas powered golf carts..seems to me that they would be ideal in town and traveling short distances .
    curt

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    He lost his ponds, and got beachfront in place of them. House was untouched.

Larry

10. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Flood damage has been the least of Wayne's recent problems..