Dumaguete Info Search

Friendship Home Orphanage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by reedee, Jun 28, 2010.

1. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Does anyone know how I could contact the Friendship Home Orphanage in Valencia? I would like to eventually take donations of whatever their needs are, on a monthly basis. Also, can anyone tell me how to get there? Thanks!! :smile:

2. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Friendship Home

I just found this info, I will try this unless anyone has updated info.

Friendship Home Foundation
    JAWA, Valencia, Negros Oriental 6215 Phil
    Tel. #: (035) 2254013
    E-mail:drtfspif@yahoo.com

3. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Maria and I have been donating for many years.
    Send a privet message if you would like our contact info.

4. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Received reply from Friendship Home

I sent a query to the director of the Friendship Home Orphanage as to what their needs are, etc....this is the reply I received, just in case anyone else might be interested:

Hello Cyd!

Greetings and good day to you!
    Thank you for your email. I am Sr. Dolores Tancinco, a Franciscan Sister Pro infante et familia, the Directress of Friendship Home. Its indeed a BLESSING to hear from you Cyd and to know that you want to help for the needs of our children. We really need help for the children's everyday basic needs. We depend mostly on local donations (in cash or in kind) from kind hearted people to support the children aside from the small contribution of the Bishop of the diocese of Dumaguete. We believe that anything small coming from the heart when put together and blessed by God will multiply. We live on Divine Providence.

Our children are coming from Negros Oriental within the province and Diocese of Dumaguete. They are below 6 yrs. old who are neglected, abondoned, surrendered or orphaned. We have 15 children at present.
    some are in temporary shelter, others are for adoption.
    As to your wish to help you can do so according to your preference which you can afford in cash or in kind. Our daily basic needs at are the following.

- Laundry soap bars/dtergent
    - Milo, Bear Brand Powdered Milk and Brown sugar
    - some groceries such as corned beef, pork and beans, beef loaf,
    hot dogs
    - biscuits for snacks
    - iodized salt, cooking oil

We are just a small Children's Residential Home. Our capacity is around 20 children. We dont have a website. It would be nice if you can visit us here in Jawa, Valencia. Its a good 15-20 minutes drive from Dumaguete City. The children can be visited after 10:00 A.M. after day care class and 3:00 P.M.

Cyd, thanks again for writing. Blessings to you and your family.

Sincerely yours,

Sr. Dolores

5. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    This is very good information; thanks for posting it, Marie. We will certainly do what we can for this organization.

6. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Friendship Home

The directress is going to be contacting me from time to time with their needs and I will post here and I think many of us have the means, as it wouldn't cost much at all, to donate from time to time to such a worthy cause.

7. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi reedee;
    Nice to hear that you are now living in my previous neighborhood. I was born and raised in Balugo, a river boundary of Canduay.My Dad and extended Family still lives there now.I'm happy and delighted that some North American couple decided to settle there as some sort of reciprocal residency.I missed the slow pace of life there and missed also the summer all year round.The only reason that we moved out to seek a greener pasture for my children, to have more opportunity for them to explore life.Now that those dreams were already accomplished, then the new option is to return back to Dumaguete and start giving back to the community. I have the feeling that it will happen soon!
    Thanks You for listening..

8. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Friendship Home Orphanage

Hi All,
    My husband, daughter, and I will be going to the Friendship Home Orphanage next Saturday, the 14th, to take donations. If anyone here is interested in donating we will be happy to meet up with you at Robinson's Mall sometime between now and next Saturday. Here is the list of needs (I am sure they also accept monetary donations) and breakdown of the kids they have at present:

Milo
    Brown sugar
    Cooking Oil
    Laundry Soap Bars or detergent
    Biscuits
    canned goods like pork and beans and sausages

Boys:

(1) 7 yr. old;
    (3) 4 yr. old;
    (1) 3 yr. old;
    (1) 2 yr. old;
    (1) 1 1/2 month old;
    (1) 4 month old;
    (1) 8 month old

Girls:
    (1) 2 yr. old;
    (1) 1 1/2 yr. old;
    (1) 6 yr.old;
    (1) 12 yr.old

Total: 13

9. didondawne

didondawne One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is the correct address of the orphanage in Valencia, neg.or.phls.

Hello,
    I would like to confirm to you that the mentioned address below is the correct address.
    Why? because I was once staying there from 1984 up to 1992. The foundress and the directress that time it was late Sister Marina Perez, BVMC. Now i am living in metro manila, philippines.

10. steveswatton

steveswatton One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would like to help

My name is Steve Swatton. I have just bought a residential property on Siquijor and would like to help the Friendship Home Orphanage. I have been aware of the orphanage for 6 years and have a daughter of my own (4 years old) but like to reach out and help other local kids. I live a mobile life and live between Canada, Singapore and Philippines but would like the opportunity to help with this very good cause. How can I help?
    Steve