Dumaguete Info Search

frogfish

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by cebudiver, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    first try trying to post a picture : ) this was at moalboal

Attached Files:

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    nice one... there is a similar at APO.... maybe it transfered cause i havent seen him since quite a while... would be a fairly long distance to you :wink:

Rudi

Attached Files:

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    The 1st picture of the frogfish looks like it has light shining from its gut,look at its mouth.Is it real?:D :wink:

4. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Frogfish

Frog Fish are scientific name Antennarius and come in several types like the hispidus they are also call ANGLER FISH becoz of their way to catch their food which is life fish. They have a Lur on an "fishing tackle " hanging from the head just above the mouth... which resembles a small worm moving left and right , up and down. This way small or even fish of their own size move up to them and that... is the end of the story ( for the small fish).
    Sorry my english is somethimes a kind of rusty But I guess you understand most of it ..
    Picture is of a rare ORANGE Angler ( Tank picture) There are also velvet like Black ones in Cebu . Angler can become "pets "as the LOVE to be cuddled on their side and even grow docile to the keeper.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.