Dumaguete Info Search

From the Visayan Daily Star

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by derivative_guru, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Student shot dead by
    parking attendant
    BY JUANCHO GALLARDE

The Dumaguete police are in hot pursuit of a former City Hall employee-turned parking attendant after a fatal shooting incident Tuesday night in Tabuc-tubig the city.

Killed in a shooting incident at the Time Out KTV Bar and Restaurant in Tabuctubig, Dumaguete Tuesday night was Carlo Tinio, 18, single and a third year high school student. He sustained a gunshot wound in the chest, police said.

The other victim, Christopher Adena, 30, single, of Purok Santan, Taclobo sustained a gunshot wound in the left shoulder and is now recuperating at a local hospital.

Initial investigations showed that, while answering the call of nature in the comfort room, the suspect, identified only as “Teban”, pushed Tinio and uttered the words “unsay imong problema (what is your problem?)”
    simultaneously pulling a gun from his waistband and shot the victim twice.

Adena was hit in the shoulder while at the dance floor near the comfort room.

According to the witnesses, identified as Clyde Fabro and Mauie Amantillo, the suspect was wearing a ball cap with a scarf on his head.

The suspect fired his revolver before leaving the KTV bar and proceeded to the cockpit area.

*JG

As with the case of Rev. Robinson...the security guards are apparently only in place to provide a false sense of security as they didn't manage to notice the patron was armed before he entered, nor did they stop him after he shot two other patrons...

Notice the police are in "hot pursuit"...meaning, the shooter got away.

Ho hum, another day in the City of Gentle People!

2. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Speaking of the Rev. Robinson's case...How is his case coming along in the City of Gentle People. Have not heard of any updates lately.

3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Hehe, nice reporting. I hope he was able to finish before he got shot. Maybe the victim was a little drunk and pissed on the suspects shoes.

Parking attendant? Is that what they call those guys who park your motorcycle for tips around downtown? I wonder how he could even afford bullets.

I went to time out once, and I was the only foreigner there. The place is kind of a ---- hole. Not the same sort of vibe as other places where I'm often the only foreigner such as Garaje. Friendly me, I ended up drinking with a group of people there and it turned out they were all in gangs. This town is loaded with kids in gangs.

As for the security guards, you get about as good service there as you get anywhere else I guess. They should have searched everyone, but they might be instructed to stand aside when something like this happens. I'm not sure I would want my security guards blazing away in response to a shooting. That's surely a recipe for disaster. If I were a security guard myself in that situation, I would probably quit and make myself invisible. :wink:

By the way, this doesn't happen only in the Philippines...

15-Year-Old Girl Beaten While Security Guards Watch - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
  5. Nehalennia

Nehalennia DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks theDude and jimeve. Of course, it is terrible when such things happen in our adopted home town, but how easy it is for us to forget or ignore how much of the same type of atrocities occur on a regular basis in our countries of origin!

6. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The police should really go after that guy and find out if he too has something to do with the killings we are having in this city. There were people around when the incident happened so it should not be hard for them to look for this killer. And also, if he is a parking lot boy, then I am sure that everybody in that area knows him there. This reminds me of another killing which happened to a 4th year nursing student of Silliman who got killed also by a parking attendant who tried to steal her laptop.

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Fat chance I reckon, unless there's something in it for them.
    Ask yourself this, what percentage of other murders/attempted murders that have occurred in the province and/or city, have been successfully solved (in the last two decades plus), by our 'beloved' police force?
    "To protect and serve", yea right, maybe after they get their free water/coffee etc etc, whilst they cruise up and down the boulevard in their 'slow speed pursuit' vehicles, that would fall apart if pushed over 40 kph.
    Sorry if I appear rude, but the reality here is that the average local policeman doesn't really have much incentive. Poor/ tardily paid salaries (unless you're an officer and even then not that much better), whilst having to put up with the constant problem that perpetrators of crimes, have more rights than either the victims or the arresting officers.:(

8. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    In the case of the article I posted, the security guards were instructed to "observe and report" rather than getting involved in something such as a physical assault taking place in the subway. I believe the agency which employ the guards has since updated it's policy though.

One thing to keep in mind is that security guards are not the police. The guards should have been checking for weapons at the door though.

9. Danny

Danny DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What happened to Rev. Robinson?? I have not been on DI for a while as I bought a laptop and had to transfer all my data from my old desktop PC, b4 selling that, in preparation for our move to Duma. I hope the Rev is alright?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.