Dumaguete Info Search

gated community?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by devildog4, May 4, 2011.

1. devildog4

devildog4 DI Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    are there any areas in Dumaguete that are walled communities with guards and maybe a community pool or rec room?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :wink: Well DD, this is not Manila, Makati or Cebu, Dumaguete, is a little laid back. Have a look at these sites and see what is on offer, Anywhere, you will only get what you are prepaid to pay. I may add that pay, you probably will need to, for what you are looking for!:wink:

www.dumaguetehomes,com
    Apartments for Rent in the Philippines, Resorts in the Philippines, Resorts in Negros Oriental, Resorts in Dumaguete

Philippines Real Estate Property for Sale or Rent Listings Directory: Cebu, Dumaguete, Bacolod, Bais, Bayawan, Canlaon, Tanjay, Guihulngan, Bago, Cadiz, Escalante, Himamaylan, Kabankalan, La Carlota, Sagay, San Carlos, Silay, Sipalay, Talisay, Victor

Best of Luck, and may I say welcome to DI. Enjoy :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

3. OP
    OP
    devildog4

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    I haven't been there in Dumaguete for a few years, and don't remember seeing anything like that before, so I was just wondering if something like
    that hadn't been built yet.

Don't like the idea of living in a fortress like Fort Knox or having guard dogs, but I suppose better safe than sorry. Same with bars on all the windows.

4. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  5. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Hey DD, theres a place called "Casa Alicia" subdivision that I think would be what you're looking for.

I have no interests with the place, but I have a friend that lives there. He likes it.

6. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
  7. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Off the top of my head:

In Dumaguete City:

El Pueblo Genovivo: I can't remember if they have a pool, but have basketball and tennis courts...an impressive gated entry and a club inside the grounds.

Casa Alicia: next to El Pueblo, it appears to be older with smaller houses, has no pool, but has basketball court and unmaintained tennis courts.

St. Louis Village: older gated community in Bagacay with basketball and grown-up tennis courts and playground in need of maintenance. But has nice large trees, quiet streets and feels almost like an American neighborhood.

In Valencia:

Tierra Alta...still under development...see links above.

Near the Dauin/Zamboanguita border:

Apo Vista: has a beach-front clubhouse and I think are planning a pool...or they may have one already...I haven't visited in a long time.

I am sure that I am forgetting some...this was just off the top of my head...

8. OP
    OP
    devildog4

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    Thanks for the info. That should be enough to keep me busy for awhile...