Dumaguete Info Search

Gerrys Grill

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Happy Camper, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Went to Gerrys Grill when they first opened. Some items on the menu were not available. Service was slow, some foods like the squid were undercooked. Chalked that up to growing pains.

Went their today for lunch a little after 1pm. Service was attentive. That is the best I can say. It is like going to eat at a child care center. Children undisciplined yelling and running around, not something you want with a meal out.

First order was a grilled fish. Not available. Okay, sizzling chicken and grilled squid. Drinks took about 15 minutes to arrive. Food took about 30 minutes, some people that were there before us were served and finished their meals before ours ever showed up. The squid was not fully cooked, I don't mind a little raw squid after living in Japan but the wife was turned off and had to find what was cooked.

Next the "sizzling" chicken. Cut into it and it was raw. Sent if back. Served again, cut into it and again it was raw.

The absolute worst dining experience in Dumaguete I have ever had. Will never go there again. Not up to the quality and service I have experienced in Gerry's Grill in Manila and Bacolod.

They asked the wife if she wanted the chicken cooked again and to her credit she said no, it was fine as dog food.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    A fine piece of critique - saved me (and many others) a waste of time and money going there. Incorrectly cooked chicken is a serious health risk and any establishment serving food should make sure it NEVER happens (allegedly in this case they could not even get it right after two tries!).

Thank you very much for the warning.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its not a Dumaguete thing, been to several of them around the Phils, one is a bad as the other, awful stuff altogether, whether food or service, terrible and way way way overpriced

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    Excellent practice.

Even washing chicken before cooking can be a hazard as the spray will contain pathogens. I always hold the chicken low in the sink, water flow not too hard, and clean the sink and surroundings afterwards with bleach. Thorough washing of the hands (if not using disposable gloves) is essential. Also, I wonder if everyone is aware of the need to put cooked food above raw food in the fridge - never the other way around.

We fight a 'war' every second of our lives against pathogens and need to be aware of it and keep the upper-hand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1