Dumaguete Info Search

Gerry's

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Edward K, May 21, 2018.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    OMG, OMG, a new restaurant opened and i didn't get there on the first two days..... Oh wait, i'm not in san francisco any more so it doesn't matter.....

Gerry's opened a few weeks ago a block or so south of Bethel house on Rizal. It's a spinoff of the Quezon City place, and just noticed that there are a dozen in manila, couple in boracay, and a couple in cebu, oh well, at least we finally got one....

Ate there a couple days ago. Food is pretty good, similar to Lantaw, definitely worth giving it a try. Also dropped in today for meryenda and had a banana split, and it was real, 3 diff kinds of ice cream, choc sauce, bananas. A bit slow and four staff were crowded around a sink talking about a "plumber," but then again, the place is a couple months old and nothing lasts forever. If you've done any of the others, it's probably similar (following edit added a day later): ... probably similar to the food part, not the plumbing ....

• Informative Informative x 4
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Been there and had a look into the menu. Not any kind of news under the sun to say, but who knows do Filipinos like it for a change. Final conclusion (very personal of course) I just stick to the old ones on the boulevard.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been a few of these joints in a few different places around the phil's and when I saw the notices on the boulevard I balked, sub standard over priced over burned over salted cardboard, honestly believe this place will be geared towards the non returning tourist

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    My wife and I ate there last week. I had the tuna belly and my wife had shrimp with soup. Was good. Staff was quick with menus and to take order. Also, they followed up asking if food was ok, etc. We will return.

• Informative Informative x 1