Dumaguete Info Search

getting around Bohol

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by Nehalennia, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nehalennia

Nehalennia DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My gf and I are planning to spend a few days in Bohol. I'd like to take my motorbike, but it might be cheaper and easier to rent one there - any advice?

2. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Some of the resorts rent them out on Alona Beach, Panglao. Don't know how much, or if you have to be a guest of the resort. Might be best to check out all their websites and ring them up if you see anything good. Haven't seen any for rent in Tagbilaran - but never looked for any either. I'm sure any hotel clerk there can fix you up with a relative's/friend's bike....

3. Columbo

Columbo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to take my own bike from Dumaguete to Bohol. Who has information how? Is there a direct boat or do we have to go through Cebu?

4. sphinx

sphinx DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think there is a ship that can accomodate your bike directly from dumaguete to bohol. I forgot the shipping line though. I have read it somewhere in a sunstar newspaper. They have a list of shipping schedules there. HTH

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    For anybody plannig a trip to Bohol and want to have a day tour I can reccommend this guy.
    Minibus spotless, most polite and helpful.
    Marcelo Dumalauron....0919-6333235

6. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Delta can accomodate your bike...i brought my bike Bohol to Dumaguete last December 2008 and i spent around 1,200 something for it...but it is direct from Bohol to Dumaguete...ring delta fast ferries./...

7. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    The following link is not completely reliable. It has some errors but it's a good start point and handy reference for ferry services between the islands:

Schedule.ph - All companies

8. dharmabum

dharmabum DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am in Tagbilaran today. Jan 8,2010. What is a fair price to pay for a van for a day for one person.

I would like a 1/2 day tour with an hours snorkelling. My size and bad back prohibit a full day tour so I will aim for two 1/2 day tours. I've read a little about Panglow (sp ?) and based myself in Tagbilaran at the pricy but handy Metro Center.

9. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Top of my head and it's been well over a year since we've done it...I'd say somewhere around 2000 pesos for a half day van. You might get a regular car for a bit less though. If the MetroCenter can't do it for you...try the Wregent across the street. For a bit of snorkeling...if you are dumaguete based you might not be too thrilled with panglao snorkeling...It's ok, but very bland...not a lot to see...ordinary water quality...have to get out further offshore in a boat to make it worthwhile. Maybe dangkikong can make a recommendation out Anda way....certainly looks a lot better and very inviting when we've driven past...

10. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Already posted my reconmendation try Marcelo 0919-6333235
    aprox 3000 per day He knows lots places and divers around the coast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.