Dumaguete Info Search

Getting around on Siquijor

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by The Dane, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I went to Siquijor with my girlfriend a month or so ago, and on the Delta Lines boat crossing over from Dumaguete to Siquijor we met this nice guy who owned a jeepney/multicab on Siquijor, he offered to take us to our hotel(the Kiwi Resort :eek:) for a very reasonable price.

Arriving at the resort we got the guys phone number just in case we wanted to do some sightseeing the next day.

The next morning we called him up and arranged for him to drive us all around the island plus take us up in the mountain to see the magic man of Siquijor. I know there are plenty of magic people in Siquijor, but aparently this guy has been on ABS-CBN performing his magic tricks as well.

Total cost for the car for the whole day was P1500 - which in my opinion is a great rate :D

Sadly when we got up to the mountain to see the Siquijor Magic Man he was unable to perform his show for us (he charges P500 for his full show), because he had a trike accident earlier that same day. Very unlucky, but we promised to go see him later when he recovered.

2. Paul

Paul DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    In 2005, the rate for rental of a multicab (per day) on Siquijor was about Php 800. I believe 1,500 to be a bit too much to pay even now.

You could also rent a motorcycle for around Php 25 per hour. The last time I was on the island, November of 2005, I agreed to rent a brand new Honda XRM for Php 30 per hour, which I still felt was reasonable.

HTH

3. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Car rental on Siquijor

Hi Paul,

The initial price we were quoted was P1000 and then P500 extra if we wanted to tour around the mountains as well.

I was a bit apprehensive about the "mountain fee" but once we got up there and drove around I accepted it, it was a hard drive around up there :smile:

Also I like the guy that drives us around on Siquijor, so I have no problem paying a little extra :smile:

4. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you go to the Guesthaus just a couple of blocks from where the DGTE ferry lands, their room rates are rediculously cheap and they can't even bother charging you for a brand new motor bike for several hours use. The rooms are immaculate although a bit on the gawdy side. I think they need someone to help a bit with color selection. It's run by a philipina and I guess she has or had a German husband...not sure, never saw him around. As far as travel bargains anywhere in the Philippines go, this has to be it !! I think she was charging me like 500 P a night or something absurdly low and wonderfully quiet, very secure, surgically clean. I can't say enough good things about the place. I wish I could remember the full name of the place its..something guesthaus. You turn to the left at the top of the road leading out of the dock. It's about a 5 minute ride. As with the rest of Siquijor, IN MY OPINION, you might want to bring some antidepressants with you cause the place is quite boring. There is something charming about the island though in the sense of its innocence and bucolic (look it up) landscape. BTW has anyone heard of any crime problems there ? Maybe I should bring some excitement to the island simply by settling there !!

5. Paul

Paul DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    My apologies for a very late reply!

Hi,

I think you got a fair deal, and I believe you agree. I love Siquijor and will be back visiting it again, very soon. :smile:

6. ikeng_101

ikeng_101 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys we are going to siquijor on feb 6 is and we are 6 in the group. How much do you think is a good rate to go on a full day trip in siquijor? im not sure if we will fit in one multicab... i dont want to haggle too much because i know that being a tour guide provides an alternative income to the people in siquijor.

what is a fair price for a day trip?

7. seabee

seabee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Getting around Siquijior

The first time I went to Siquijor in March 2008, I hired a guy and his buddy to take me and my hubby around for 1 day. I recall paying P1,500 for the day trip and all out of pocket (i.e., entrance fees, etc.). I also shared meals with the guide and his buddy. We used a multi-cab which will easily fit 6 people. You wouldn't want to be in separate vehicles because the chats and laughter along the way is something you dont want to miss out on. I'm not sure if others would think that it was a fair price, but I certainly enjoyed the day and loved my first Siquijor "discoveries". In fact, I loved it so much, I'm actually planning on moving to Siquijor some time soon (hopefully in this lifetime!).

When you get to Larena pier, look for Cesar. He's one of the tricylcle drivers there, but he has contacts for the multicab. He was the one who took us around. Very trustworthy person, which is important! Oh, lucky you, I have Cesar's number right here 920-8286604. He's a great guy! If you decide to use him, please let him know Scott and Cecile referred you.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

8. ikeng_101

ikeng_101 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks so much seabee for the reply. i really appreciate it. i think 1500 is the going rate for the day tour for 2 persons. there are now 8 of us who will be traveling. if we pay like 200 per person for the day trip, i think that wouldnt be so bad... im gonna contact cesar now and ill tell you how our call went. thanks seabee!

9. Andre.de

Andre.de DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is also the beautiful island we like to visit.Thank you, for this informations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.