Dumaguete Info Search

Give peace a chance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Mar 8, 2022.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Imagine all the people........
    I had the pleasure of meeting the Beatles during a photo session back in the 60s
    John Lennon was the type of guy you immediately liked or didn't like, some thought him quick witted, others perhaps a little out spoken.
    However his single record released after the break up of the group, quickly rose to be top of the charts and now an anthem for Peace.
    While I personally believe there is a Heaven ( and a Creator ) I too, like John wish this world could live as one.....
    Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 08-35-44 lyrics to imagine - Google Search.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    "And no religion to" < best line BTW and one of my favorite Karaoke songs!

But.......... NATO and the U.N. are two organizations trying to work together despite the fact that they have very different philosophies: NATO is an organization designed to fight war, if necessary, in order to defend peace; whereas the U.N. is an organization designed to avoid war in order to maintain peace. None the less they are powerful alliances and choke hold experts that can cross a line in a moments time and both are heavily armed. Two powerful organizations with about zero listening skill when applying pressure on Countries or States that are not interested in their expansion or growth and accept it as natural to be threatened by them. Stop forcing line in the sand prerogatives as we now are seeing the result of such.

We are no where near peace at this point.
    - In my stand point major crap is a coming, I have said it for the last 3 years. This Russian embroiled bubble in a bath-tub is only 101 start point.
    - Also I have said it many times "Philippines is the place to be" I will not elaborate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  3. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    C/H.
    My Religious beliefs accept your right to the freedom to have an opinion, unlike one or two World Leaders.
    Your opinions bring enlightment..........Peace be with you brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    Religious beliefs are not required to acknowlage people's rights as individuals - but it helps

Religious beliefs are not required to respect other peoples property and boundries - but it helps

Religious beliefs are not needed to have a moral code and guide - but it helps

Being from the GREAT state of Texas I have an appriciation of God and guns (I miss my boom sticks but still have my Bibles).
    Both require respect and come with responcibilities. Used incorrectly they can be used as wepons, but used propertly they are very helpful in times of need.

The lyrics of this song are a pipe dream at best because people, in a mob mentality, or giving into their sinful nature cannot or willnot control themselves.
    If people are to give up all ambition and only do for the greater good then nothing would be done.
    Taking away religion, politics, and laws may be nice, but then people need to govern themselves and that doesn't happen. Unfortunatly there is no way to remove all evil from earth, all we can do is try to do more good than ecil. This can be done by helping others, doing good deeds without expection of repayment, and pray that our actions can influance others to do the same, even if it takes a lifetime.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  5. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    "You may say I'm a dreamer but I'n not the only one"...... "old men will have dreams" ( Acts 2 v 17 )

...... that's my kind of religion.

• Thanks Thanks x 1