Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Giving Birth. Siliman or Holy Child?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by EandN, Feb 11, 2019.

1. EandN

EandN DI Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 17
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    My partner is due to give birth within the next couple of weeks. She was intending to give birth in Holy Child Hospital but we keep hearing negative comments about giving birth there, for example, very unhygienic , lack of modern equipment etc.
    Those that have voiced concerns about Holy Child insist that our first choice should be Siliman University Medical Centre.
    We would appreciate any views on either hospital if your missus has given birth there in the past.
    Thanks in advance
    Eddie.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HeyJoey

HeyJoey DI Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 11
    My wife (Japanese) is due in April this year,
    all her Japanese friends told her to avoid Holy Child...
    we are with doctor Uy (not sure how to write it haha) and as of now she is a good doctor (good review from my Philipino friend and father of 4 :smile: )

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    My wife had a C-Section with Dr. Uy at Silliman. I was impressed throughout the nine months with her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My wife gave birth at SUMC in 2017, if you search my posts you will see my review and costs (positive)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Daughter was born at the Province hospital, it was very inexpensive. She developed jaundice..was treated at Holy Child. While there..she was attacked by swarms of mosquitos.

Make sure all info is correct on the birth certificate. A girl can be a boy by a simple typing mistake.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Darran_Stanners

Darran_Stanners DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 18
    My two kids (5 and 7) were born in Holy Child, never had any dramas, IMHO Silliman is way over hyped in the sense that is a million miles above Holy Child, over the years I have been a guest of both hospitals and granted you are seen as more of a walking ATM card in both, dont let them bully you or scare you into any procedure just to boost the balance

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    A very valid point and one confirmed to me by a friend who was in hospital (for non-emergency surgery) within two days of seeing a doctor and had what was (from having to consult another doctor later) a wholly unnecessary 4 days in hospital (SUMC). And whilst there a small plastic bowl was charged at P600 which sells in Mercury for P24. Unfortunately it takes a minimum of one experience to be wise.

It is not easy for most people to go against a doctor's advice but I think it is essential to get at least one more opinion (perhaps at a different hospital) before undertaking any suggested treatment.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    My mrs gave birth at the birthing clinic opposite harolds opposite nevas pizza,it was clean with aircon. 11k all in for 24hrs. Might be worth checking is its a straight forward birth like no suggesstion of c section.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    My daughter was born at Holy Child. No problems and 24,000 all told. Her Ob/Gyn was Dra Tan. very competent and no long-nose tax. I have also a friend who's wife gave birth at the birthing clinic mentioned by Dave above. Also very good and clean. He was very happy with the service there. I believe they have a contingency arrangement with Silliman in the event of any unforeseen complications, such as the need for an unplanned C-section.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Yeah, directly across the street from Nevas Pizza. A family member of my wife had her baby delivered there last year. No issues/problems and very professional. I think the cost was around 10k.