Dumaguete Info Search

GMO

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by charlyB, Feb 22, 2023.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 333
    I never eat white bread so the 2 brown breads i normally buy are Ichipan and Angelina, i have noticed that the Ichipan usually lasts longer than the expiry date but the Angelina often has green mould on it even the day before the expiry, does that mean the Angelina is not tampered with so much and is healthier to eat ?
    I have never seen fresh milk here in the Philippines but the last time we were back in the UK we used to buy fresh semi skimmed milk and the expiry date was much longer than it used to be when i was younger, thats in the days it was delivered to your door, coal used to get delivered as well, oh no i have went off topic now they don't use GMO in coal , or do they ? :unsure:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Eating white bread is only for people who have zero idea about food at all. Can't say which of the 2 you mentioned is healthier, best to make your own then you'll know what's in it. As for milk, never touch it, there are so many alternatives these days. Cow's milk is for baby cows IMO.

Coal though originally plant based might be to hard and messy, just saying...

3. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Mr C, likely when ye were younger yer Mither widnae hae a fridge, mind ye coming frae a cauld place like Eberdeen ye widnae need wan onyweys, it wid come oot O the coos udders frozen.

The whiter the bread the sooner your dead, for me I would not buy any bread that is packed in a plastic sleeve, when I was living there in Valencia my Marissa would buy a couple of unsliced loafs from the baker shop in the Octagon compound, she would then hand slice them 95% of the way through and stick them in the freezer, I would then break off a couple of slices every morning about 20mins before having my breakfast they would thaw out fast there, this type of bread without preserves is starting to go off after 24hrs, I believe there is a seller of good bread there at the Sunday Market? there is also a shop that supplies it there but these are smaller loaves and almost twice the price when compared weight for weight. Ye ken whoar a bide, if ye gang doon tae the Hoose and see ma Marissa, she kin hae ye telt awe the gid places tae get yer bread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Absolutely, white bread dead spot on. Put simply it's all the goodness removed.

Good information re bread in the rest of your post. Noted!

One thing the UK is good for is the varieties of excellent bread.

5. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Well, lucky you like the bread in the UK. Some dont including myself. :smile:[​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

6. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    We have an old saying in Scotland. If you believe all you hear you will eat all you see, a lot of what is written on Quora is just sh!te, I will admit here in UK many people do eat sh!t bread and know no better? I myself was brought up on poor quality Bread, today if you buy an everyday Loaf from a supermarket shelf it is likely to be of poor quality, but pay a little more and there is good stuff to be had, going to a proper Bakers shop there will get you the best, having been to a few countries in Europe I would agree that overall Bread tends to be of higher quality there.
    True that the wheat we grow in UK is only fit for making biscuits, however the wee Toon of Kirkcaldy where I reside have boatloads of Bulgar wheat arriving from Canada with the Mill adjacent to the Port.

Traditionally the Scottish did not eat Bread, we had Oatcakes, Oats are one of the finest cereal grains there is, they contain a high level of protein more than most others, it is fairly obvious to me that it must have been a highly nutritious Brain food, just think of all the Scottish inventions and discoveries we made and from a small country with only 5 million of a population, TV, Telephones, Penicillin and James Bond. Our contributions to Medical Science are endless, England on the other hand has a population of 60Mill and what the Feck do they know? the only clever man they produced was Darwin but only because he was educated at Edinburgh University. Unfortunately for us Scots we fell into the English ways and we are now not as sharp as we used to be? the only way forward for us is to go back to our future in the Old ways and eat our Haggis and Oatcakes.

For anyone to say; the old ways of making Bread produces and inferior product to that of today? (I would suggest much the same process and recipe for baking Bread has been followed for hundreds of years?) then to not give a good reason for this is ATFH, it may be there are more cost effective methods to make it but I'm sure that using the same ingredients the end result will taste the same.

NowandThen you may be correct? but IMHO that person writing on Quora is talking a load of Sh!te with little of any foundation or truth to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1