Dumaguete Info Search

going to Simala Cebu from Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by mahalbugas, Oct 26, 2017.

1. mahalbugas

mahalbugas DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Any advise how to go to Simala? with few pinoy friends/relatives they have never been there. I thought of renting a car or any 4 wheeled vehicle like a small pickup. I had been there last year but not with a group. just rode a motorcycle from Santander port to Simala. I have eager pinoys wanting to go back there with me for the shrine. Motorcycling is not possible with them. i would like to have the control of the schedule so i prefer to drive . any idea where to rent a car or small pickup( easy ride they say,lol) thank u.

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That may be the cheapest option. You could ride up front and they would all ride in the back quite happily. If I had to do it I would go to the Jeepney terminal at the back of Robinsons with a gf who could speak the local language and get her to start asking driver's what they would charge for a private trip to Simala and back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Genius Genius x 2
  3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I did find and list some Car Rental places in another link here, look and see what suits you as there are several there;

Vehicles & Servicing - Automotive Services/ Car & Bike Places around Dumaguete

• Genius Genius x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    mahalbugas

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Been there two years ago, your cheapest option may be to ride the Ceres bus from Duma to Cebu (or from Santander/Liloan, see other thread) and get off at Argao or even at Simala High School, and rent one or two trikes to take your group up to the sanctuary. If you make suitable arrangements the trike driver will wait for you and bring you back to Simala/Argao (that's what we did).
    Argao might be a better bet with regards to the bus for the return trip.
    Obviously if you would really need two trikes (depends on size of the group), then renting a small van might be cheaper. Parking facilities at the sanctuary may have been improved meanwhile, I dunno, but two years ago it was lousy. Even the trikes have trouble.

6. OP
    OP
    mahalbugas

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    will try this first and see how much and how many could fit and the price with the driver. this might be easier for me to do would be easy on my back if the driver comes w/ it. I will do comparison on this vs renting a van or an easy ridebeing me as the driver. thank u very much.

• Thanks Thanks x 1