Dumaguete Info Search

Good guide for Casaroro Falls

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by AndyJ, Mar 3, 2018.

1. AndyJ

AndyJ DI New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We're in Dumaguete for a couple of weeks on vacation (and house-hunting), and today we visited Casaroro Falls, in the company of a guide called Edcel Ruel Lamoco.

Edcel is the friend of a friend, which is how we were put in touch with him. He drives a tricycle in Valencia, and if you're not too heavy or too many people, he'll meet you in Valencia and drive you in the tricycle right up to the trailhead for the Falls. He'll then accompany you down the steps and along the river trail to the falls, helping you cross the river when needed. Total cost for his services for the two of us was P550 excluding tip.

His number is: 0916 953 3349
    His Facebook profile is: Edcel Ruel Lamoco

Definitely recommended. Tell him Andy and Imelda from Malta sent you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I always like to leave a warning about Casaroro falls: Those stairs are brutal coming back up. If you have health conditions that limits your mobility/stamina you might want to avoid going down there.

Also, make sure you take plenty of water with you. Don't be a dumbass like I was and go down there with none. I ended up so parched by the time I got to the falls I had to resort to drinking straight from pool at the base of the falls. :unsure: I got lucky and didn't get sick from it but it could have easily made for a bad week of sitting on the porcelain thrown.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I count more than 400 steps up, happy it's allowed to take a break on way back

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It is actually 323 steps and a killer.

5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Maybe I get double vision of the efforts

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Another Valencia tricycle driver (Tricycle #098) who does a great job (and speaks English well) is Roy Deserdo who is a native of Valencia. Book him for the day and he will take you all around Valencia to see what's here. Very personable.
    Roy Deserdo
    Phone at 0997 915 1874 (TM) 0999 668 8051 (Smart)
    He is highly reviewed a few times on Trip Advisor under the "Things To Do" -- - Casaroro Falls

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  7. Wildlands1

Wildlands1 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +133 / 27
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Why the heck would anyone need a guide to go there? But if you go, go early on a weekday and you mite, as me and Miss HotStuff did, have it all to yourself. Then who knows what could happen? WWNN.

8. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    My experience is that the tricycles are hired (usually for the day or half-day) to provide the transportation to the various sights. Acting as a guide down to the Falls is a bonus and does not change the cost. So why not? Sure, you don't NEED a guide, but having someone who knows the language is always handy in case you meet others along the way.

IOW, if its free, why the hell not? If you really don't want the driver on the walk to the Falls, just tell him to wait. He will.