Dumaguete Info Search

Good hotel for couple with infant

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by caymimi, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hi all, my husband and I are planning to visit Dumaguete this December with our infant son. We usually stay at Bethel, but this time around we thought we would look into other hotels as well. Can any of you please suggest some good hotels that are clean and suitable to bring a 3-month-old baby boy? I hear that there are lots of new hotels in Dumaguete now.

I would appreciate your help!

Regards,
    Carla

2. linushuber

linushuber DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bethel is not very nice in my opinion, very sterile; coco grande is a very pleasant hotel with good size rooms and pleasant staff, just check the water pressure in the room (it's rather weak in many of them). Another possibility is Edelweiss, where you might rent a 2 bedroom apartment.

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Check Inn is very nice and priced low.

Check Inn Pension Arcade | Your Home in the Heart of the City

Hotel Nicanor also is getting good reviews, but we have not perosnally stayed there.

Hotel Nicanor

Bethel will have a hard time competing with the new hotels.

Larry

4. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hotel

I would recommend the Hotel Nicanor. Downtown, not much more expensive than Bethel, but quieter than Bethel, and VERY nice inside. Hotel Nicanor

5. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I checked OUT of the "Check Inn"

After I discovered that they leave the room keys where any one that might want then can get them. The security was VERY bad.
    The last two times we stayed it was Obdulia's Business Inn. The restaurant was lacking at the time but there are many near by to chose from. The rooms were clean, secure and spacious at a good price. Obdulia's Business Inn is only about 3 years old. The Coco Grande has the best in house restaurant it has no elevator and the rooms at the front and north sides have the added feature of a very loud karaoke bar next door. There are a lot of hotels in town to chose from. The Bethel is right on the water front which makes for some really good sun rises but can get noisy with the fiestas during the holidays. The Bethel has good parking and a good restaurant but it is starting to show the ware and tear of the years. So, choose wisely and don't hesitate to ask for a different room if you have problems with the one you checked into.

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Wow! That does look nice! Hardwired internet in every room too! :eek:

7. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nicanor

Yes!! AND, unlike the Bethel House, it is included with the price of the room.

8. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I stayed at the Nicanor last year. The rooms were excellent and well insulated against any noise from outside. The down side was that they did not have a restaurant. I was told that they were going to create one this year but I don't know if it's happened yet.
    I found that the Coco Grande ticked all the boxes with big spacious rooms. My room at the back of the hotel was very quiet, restaurant was excellent, and staff very pleasant and genuinely helpful.

9. Jose

Jose DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hotel Nicanor: no blanket but for extra 20pesos a day you can. 85pesos for a cup of instant coffee. one thin pillow/bed. I stayed about 10 days last Aug and was very excited to leave.

10. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nicanor has new restaurant

As a matter of fact the new Cafe Laguna has opened up their new restaurant, attached to Hotel Nicanor. We have eaten there twice and really enjoyed it both times. That aside, even before the restaurant was there, we stayed at the Nicanor on 4 occasions and never found it so bad that they didn't have a restaurant since Scooby's and Chow King were right across the street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.