Dumaguete Info Search

Grass Sod/Turf

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by osodelnorte, Nov 24, 2011.

1. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    Where in Valencia can I find the grass sod farm? Looking for Philippine grass (bermuda). Ornamental plants like palms. Not the roadside flowers. Know anywhere else one can find these things besides downtown Dumaguete? Thanks.

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I got both my Bermuda and my palms from Valencia. I used a landscaper in Valencia who took us to a nursery on the hiway to Valencia, about 1k from the town on the right as you are going up the hill. We bought all sorts of palms, Golden, Champagne, Sego, and he also hooked up with a Bermuda guy in Valencia. Sorry, but it was over a year ago and I don't have the number but if you pm me I can give you better directions, if you are interested. Btw, I live in Bacong, the Bermuda is doing well but the palms are not growing much in the soil we bought, our base is fairly sandy though.

3. OP
    OP
    osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    I dont know what pm you is but I would like to talk to you and get better directions. What is pm?

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    osodelnorte, to PM just put your pointer over PatO and right click, you will see private message. just click and take it from there. Good luck on your search.
    Ron

5. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    My cell phone number is 09175663990. The landscape guy is Boboy, he lives a half K up the hill from the tree nursery on the right side of the hiway. He arranged the bermuda and truck in Valencia.

6. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Osodelnorte, the landscaper I used is Boboy, his cell number is 09267619467. The only complaint I have is when they layed the bermuda sod, they didn't pack it tight enough so the weaving together took longer and that may be a reason I have a lot of weeds popping up. He probably saved money by not using as much bermuda, so you have to stay on his @ss while they do the job.

7. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Most importantly, always remind installer............"Green side UP".....:P