Dumaguete Info Search

Gym in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Corman, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corman

Corman Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are there any decent gyms with modern circuit (cybex, performa, etc.) equipment and free weights. I heard a Gold Gym might open there. Any truth to that.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    absolute no truth to that, no modern circuit and a lot "homemade" equipment

3. OP
    OP
    Corman

Corman Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gym in Dumaguete

That is too bad and very surprising. Considering all the schools, expats and money in that town you would think someone would invest in a gym like a Fitness First and Golds. Hopeful one day

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    there is no money in Dumaguete, students have no money anyway (or small gym's at the school) and most expats here go the same direction and stay on pretty tight retirement money. Those with money have their small gym at home.

5. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Dumaguete streets are paved with gold!

Only surprising to a westerner. Just to get here is quite a load of money and by the time you get setup, run into the maze of paperwork and requirements a lot of your money will be exhausted. Just because people seem to be happy here does not mean they have money. This is not a culture that worships the buck, still because of bad influences some have learned how to take it if you are not smart with yours. Its hard to believe for most outsiders that the Philippines is not more progressive but outside of a handfull of cities, its not. But for some that is the whole charm.

6. OP
    OP
    Corman

Corman Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gym in Dumaguete

Pedro, the Philippines is a very rich country. Yes there are also many poor as well but overalll this country is dripping money. Go to any city and look at the malls, supermarkets, sub-divisions, clubs, hotels and all other places where money is spent and you can see there is mucho money actually being spent BY FILIPINOS!!!. And it is not just OFW as that group is poor by comparision to the real money in this country. Chinese Filipino probably lead the pack. Corruption money there as well. As for Dumaguete there are plenty of houses in being built and selling for 15 million and up (and not just by foreigners) and you can't find a condo is most metropolitan areas for under 75,000 per sqm. 100,000 in Manila. I am sorry to disagree but this country is very freakin rich!!! Opening up a Golds gym would be chump change.

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Open one up then, I'll join.

8. OP
    OP
    Corman

Corman Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like a good idea. Your lifetime membership fee will be $200,000 USD payable six months in advance.

9. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Sounds like you know it all already.
    Why indeed not starting it here in Dumaguete right tomorrow ?
    I guess (sorry, I could not find anything in your profile :smile:) that you're from America, I mean the USA.
    You're new on this forum, but maybe you followed it for a long time already.
    If so, you should have learned from many here how 'easy' it is to get ALL THAT MONEY into your pockets.
    Succes ......and maybe I join Jimeve and subscribe together with my GF.
    Hope you do something to the price (2 % discount ? :D:D)

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I will also join, for 30 peso per training.... that what I spend now in the local gym ... well, 200,000 US thats 9.000.000 million peso, about 820 years if I take my fee and go each day. Even if I stay very very long on this planet, I don't think that I get any value out of it....

Again like in other threads, that is just me... and I have other values in life than shining in a high class Gym and still look like a soaked bag of rice... But hey I pay a lot for that ...

(and this is the more than polite version of : Mate, you haven't got any clue what you are talking about)

anyway, my suggestion, get some more info about Dumaguete and the PI in general before talking that kind of B@#%!@#%^.

... sorry that I close the thread, we don't need that scam on DI ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.