Dumaguete Info Search

Review HALANG HALANG - CHINESE SZECHUAN RESTAURANT

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by tuba-coma, Sep 25, 2019.

1. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    a little highlight in Dumaguete, a close to authentic Chinese Szechuan restaurant, they cook more spicy dishes in this region of China, and so they do here. Nice open ambience in one of the older buildings in town, located in San Juan street near Silliman / boulevard. Plenty of dishes on the menue card that you find nowhere else incl. some filipino dishes, moderate prices, huge portions, so far any order was good for two. Wife liked the seafood, mussels, pork very much, I was also very happy with all kinds of meat, not tried the Hot Pot yet (but I will) nor the innards (I never will). short waiting time until orders arrived. a place I really recommend with full heart and stomach.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. berndtravel

berndtravel DI Junior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A-

3. berndtravel

berndtravel DI Junior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    just had noon day dishes.
    big menu, not expensive, delicious, good for 1½, ordered spicy,
    but didn’t find it spicy at all. – at least compared with the original in Zhongchen- next time: HOT POT

4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    I just ate lunch there today. The garlic/egg plant was delicious but not as spicy as I expected (which is fine with me), they could probably add more spices if requested.
    The BBQ scallops were quite good. Prices are good. Food was hot and didn't take too long to arrive.
    HalangHalang will be a restaurant I go back to again and again.

• Agree Agree x 1