Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Happiest nations: Phl ranks 90th

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dave & Imp, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Some times when I post some news the messenger ends up getting shot. This is an interesting article for discussion. I am not particularly convinced it is right about everything. I will be checking out my Swiss friends today to see if they are happier than the rest of us. Read it and comment:

Happiest nations: Phl ranks 90th
    Switzerland is the happiest country in the world, while the Philippines placed 90th, according to a global ranking of happiness unveiled in New York on Thursday.

Switzerland was followed closely by Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Canada.

The 2015 World Happiness Report is the third annual report seeking to quantify happiness as a means of influencing government policy. The United Nations published the first study in 2012.

Read more at: Happiest nations: Phl ranks 90th - Yahoo News Philippines

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :geek: Living in their own Countries perhaps but I would sooner see the results of a survey taken from these Nationalities that are living in the Philippines :cool:

JP :bag: :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Do you own survey. Start a few minutes after 6 AM and just go to the Boulevard any day of the week. Watch the foreigners gulping in happiness from a bottle. Count the number of empty bottles and you know how happy they are... not scientific but probably accurate. Anyone that can not stand up and walk out of the restobar on their own get a 100% happiness rating. :meh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    Dave & Imp...... Anyone that can not stand up and walk out of the restobar on their own get a 100% happiness rating. :meh:[/QUOTE]

Priceless!

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Man, this article says the complete opposite of those that say the Philippines is one of the happiest countries in the world. The comments on these articles that don't show the Philippines as the mecca of happiness are usually quite hilarious. Filipino Pride at its best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    I suggest that in reality, the Philippine people generally should rate a lot higher than 90 from my experience. I think that article has it very wrong.:cool:...........and a very good message Dave,I am sure no-one will want to shoot you over it, it is an excellent discussion topic.:thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1