Dumaguete Info Search

Has anyone stayed here??? Looks like a nice place...

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by osodelnorte, Dec 13, 2015.

1. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Never heard of it but 5,645/night seems like an outrageous price for any resort in the Bayawan/Basay/Sipalay area. They had better be offering some amenities that go well above any 5 star-Shangri-La style resort that currently operates in the Philippines (which no place in Basay is currently capable of providing).

And to be completely honest, this:

looks like crap compared to some of the other resorts offering rooms for P800-P1,200/night in Basay.

I stayed at a resort in Basay for a fraction of the cost a several months ago....P4800 included the cost for 4 people (two rooms), dinner, breakfast, a nice beach and lots of alcohol. P5600 a night in Basay? :roflmao: I'd be laughing my arse off all the way back out to the gate after they told me that silly price for some local style nippa hut rooms.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    In think the owner of this resort renting out a nippa hut for such an outrageous price has lost every common sense.
    But of course he/she can ask what ever and who knows there are people willing to pay for it.
    As far as I am concerned, I have to disappoint the owner...........not interested.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Do you own/manage this resort? Your OP made it seem as if you have never visited the place, you were thinking about staying at the resort and were looking for opinions (thread title "Has anyone stayed here??? Looks like a nice place..." :meh:) but your second post makes it seem as if you have already stayed here and/or have some affiliation with the place (since it seems you have taken offense to some of the opinions on the value of the place).

Just in case: Terms of Service and Rules | Dumaguete Info
    If this thread is an attempt at advertising the resort it was posted in the wrong way in the wrong place. Create an item in the Showcase section of the forum (which will also automatically create thread in the appropriate sub-forum to go along with the item). The process is much the same as creating a thread on the forum. If you post an advertisement disguised as a thread asking for opinions there is a very good chance someone is going to give you an opinion you don't like and wouldn't want potential customers to see. If it is posted in the appropriate place that has an appropriate rating system with an appropriate description of everything the resort offers you will have far better results. Also, in the Showcase section opinions of people who have not personally visited/used the business/service will be removed.

If you are not affiliated with the resort there is no need for the underhanded/snide comments about people's opinion of the place. I certainly didn't say anything about "booze" being inclusive to the room price at the resort I stayed at in Basay. The price I mentioned in my post was the total cost for everything I mentioned.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Received an email from the OP stating that his password had gotten into the wrong person's hands and he did not make this post himself. Checking the IP addresses backs this statement up. I have removed all links and comments from the person using the account without authorization. Be careful who you let use your computer. :wink:

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    To the owners/managers of the resort that felt it was OK to use someone's account without their consent to promote your business: I will create a showcase page for your resort, you aren't going to like what it says though.

• Like Like x 2