Dumaguete Info Search

Have i been ripped off !!!!!

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Fozzboy, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have just been to the immigration office,i extended my visa , this is usually just under 3,ooo pesos, but this time the said 4,550 !!!! they said it's because i have stayed 6 months, then when i get home i read the official receipt is for 3,500 !!!

Has anyone else had this happen before?, then what happens in 1 year ??.I will have to marry her it will be cheaper .

Cheers Alan

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :smile: The Extension payment is normally 3.030.p for 1 month. maybe the 3.500 is for a longer period, The extra 1.000+ sounds as if you have been fined. If this is the case I feel you have got off Lightly.
    Your post was a little unclear as to if you had a previous 6 moths of extensions or you have overstayed.

Peter Bueno has never, as for as I know ever entered into Rip Offs, I am sure at some stage today, Larry will Post to you.

Jack P. :smile:

3. OP
    OP
    Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok maybe i was wrong in saying that, i am sure Peter Bueno is not like that, but i just wondered why the receipt is different from what i paid. I was not fined as i was due for extension today, this extension took me over 6 months stay.

4. carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Wondering

When I get moved to Dumaguete with my Philippina wife what will I have to do and or pay to live there permanently ?

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    at this extension you most likely paid already for your ECC-clearance which is required after 6 month. have a look in your passport. it is usually scribbled somewhere below the stamp

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hi Carl, I would suggest you contact the Philippine embassy there and start processing your 13A permanent resident visa. They can give you all the requirements. Then it will only cost P310 per year. A friend on mine just did that and got off cheaper than doing the complete process here.
    Ron

• Like Like x 1
  7. carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Much appreciated

Thanks alot Ron

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Marriage!

:eek: Well fozzboy. The marriage bit can get expensive but at least you will be eligible for the non Quota 13a.:D it all depends on how you view it all, Cheaper to stay BUT dearer to Live.

Best of Luck my friend:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Here is what has been reported recently in Cebu;

Visa Waiver (38 days): P3,030
    1st Extension: P4,830
    2nd Extension: P2,830
    3rd Extension: P4,240
    Succeeding Extensions: P2,830

So in fact the extension at 6 months does cost a bit more, as Rhoody said at the time the ECC (exit clearance) is usually part of it. Dumaguete BI has always cost a few pesos more than Cebu, but has always also been a lot easier to deal with.

Larry

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :smile: That's what I like about this Forum, You just know who and when the answers will come from, with real facts and figures about the legal things like Visa issues and so many more.:wink: Nice one Larry!

Jack P. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.