Dumaguete Info Search

Heart strings.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Crystalhead, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :cry: :frown: Sometimes it is Tough to be a Proud Father, I think we Would we all, tell a few white lies to protect those Innocents we produced.

Nice Touch Crystalhead, Brings a lot home! As to how they see us, Think about and Love us :wink:
    [​IMG]

Awarded with a Tear in My Eye :wideyed:

JP:bag::whistling:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE

TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE DI Member ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer

Hospitality Industry
    Ratings:
    +122 / 31
    First and for most that any Filipino should know is that foreigners and expats genuinely love the Filipinos. It's just the ruddy politics of the country that taints us out of passion. The President will wake up some day and realize "wow my countries poor" and that will happen in a few hundred years or so. Till then Filipinos need to realize that expats and foreigners overall can assist in great positive and economic development. More power to the peoples!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    AND NOW APPEARING ON THE SOAP BOX: DAVE & IMP:

When I was raised many decades ago, I knew my parents would sacrifice their lives for my future. For some reason I did not turn out to be spoiled but lived to fulfill their dream that I would be more successful, happier, and just live in a better environment than they had as they grew up. I was not given every material thing the electronic baby sister showed me on its flat screen, but I was given every opportunity to be a success. I was a project for my parents to look at in their old age and see that their dream had been fulfilled. I was not looked at as being a financial wind fall for them as they became older. I never had guilt dropped on me that it was my job to make their lives a dream as they became old, or to sacrifice my life for their lives, although I certainly would have had they asked, and even offered without their asking. They not only took responsibility for making my life a better life than they had, but they also took the responsibility for making their own lives a success. They practiced what I believe the Pope mentioned as "responsible parenting" until his minions corrected his slip of his tongue. That was a long time ago as I am over a half century old now, but I believe that their thinking of those times is more advanced than I see currently.... Even today I do not need all the "things" the media ads try to tell me I need or I will not be worthy of living a happy life.... aw just another old foggy speaking, but I am glad I will not live so long to see my children burdened with national debt as the nations tries to give them everything... except independence and the ability to rise up to their own highest expectation. So what happened? Who thought the old saying "There is no such thing as a free lunch" was out of style" ?

• Agree Agree x 1